PDA

View Full Version : Keratin Complex Treatment

TonFirst
09-29-2009, 09:21 PM
Has anyone ever had this done to their hair? It is a HUGE splurge, but my husband is going on two out-of-state trips this fall and I figure that I should treat myself to something. Keep things fair and balanced, and all.

My hair is long - like, to my bra strap - and very thick. It's naturally wavy - a 2b - but I usually flat-iron it. It's so thick that I end up looking like Tawny Kitaen when I let it go wavy, even with a lot of good product. Plus, it takes the same amount of time to style it whether I go straight or wavy. My stylist tells me that with the keratin treatment, for about three-four months, I'll be able to blow-dry for about five minutes and have perfect hair. But again - it's a major splurge and I would be great to not have to worry about my hair over the holidays. Any BTDT?

pinkmomagain
09-29-2009, 09:48 PM
I just had it done for my 13 yo (yes, unusually enormous splurge for many reasons, long story). It's worked well. She still does briefly run a flat-iron through a section or two sometimes. There was a choice between doing the brazillian straightening with formaldehyde or without. Of course, as a mom, I wanted without. And the hairdresser felt that her hair was pretty dried out from chlorine all summer so she agreed with chosing the non-formaldehyde option...but maybe that option would have straightened it a tad bit more.

ryanmom
09-29-2009, 09:51 PM
Two women in my office have had this done and it looks incredible. My hairdresser has also been trying to talk me into it. My hairdresser did mention that it does NOT take if you are pregnant or breastfeeding- something about the hormones- and for some reason chlorine pools basically counteract it so if you swim it is not a good product. That being said, I totally want it. It looks like a professional blow dry every day. One of the women said that it used to take her 45 minutes to blow dry her hair and it now takes 5-15. She also said that her hair has gotten more manageable with every treatment.

gordo
09-29-2009, 09:52 PM
I have been toying with the idea of doing it as well so am interested to see what others have to say.