PDA

View Full Version : WWYD DD's Halloween Costume Question

katydid1971
09-29-2009, 11:45 PM
I ordered this costume for DD.
http://www.buycostumes.com/Yarn-Babies-Ragamuffin-Dolly-Infant-Costume/33328/ProductDetail.aspx
It is as cute as I thought it would be. DD is rather petite so I ordered the infant size (6-12 months) she is 18 months and is just staring to wear 18 month sized clothes and still wears a lot of size 12 months. The costume fits fine and its even a little big around the body. The only thing is the dress is pretty short. I think it was made for sitting babies, not walking babies and is super short. I am trying to decide what to do. I have come up with three options; 1. just live with it, 2. send it back for the toddler size which I fear will be very wide on her, 3. add some sort of lace riffle to the bottom. Thanks for your input.

Asianmommy
09-29-2009, 11:57 PM
I think the pantaloons and leggings are enough to cover her. If it makes you feel better, go ahead with the extra lace.

mariza
09-30-2009, 12:00 AM
I would just do some tights or leggings. She'll be adorable no matter what you decide!

s7714
09-30-2009, 12:17 AM
I'd either add a wide band of ruffled lace at the bottom, or even just put a longer, lace edged petticoat underneath it.

AshleyAnn
09-30-2009, 12:20 AM
I'd either add a wide band of ruffled lace at the bottom, or even just put a longer, lace edged petticoat underneath it.

Ditto!

How much walking do you think she'll do? Seems to me at that age the costume was more for photos anyway and any trick or treating would be a stroller activity.