PDA

View Full Version : Another goody bag question

HIU8
09-30-2009, 10:59 AM
DS is having a bowling bday party. He is turning 5. What would you put in a goody bag? Last year I think I put in 4 items (light stick, crazy straw, bubbles and a lollipop). Any suggestions for 5 yr old boys and girls?

Fairy
09-30-2009, 11:13 AM
I have tshirts made every year. They're only a little more expensive than the cost of whatever stuff might go in a goody bag. I paid $7/shirt and made the design in conjunction with the bday theme. This year it was Peter Pan:

Think of all the joy you'll find
When you fly to birthday five!

Last year it was The Incredibles: INcredible birthdAY!

And I do a graphic from the theme. There are lots of coloring book pages online of pretty much everything, and those are perfect for the line art you need for silkscreened tshirts. For a bowling party, you could do

Bowl a Birthday Strike!

Here are some bowling coloring pages
http://www.coolest-kid-birthday-parties.com/kids-coloring-pages.html
http://www.coloring-fun.com/bowling-coloring-pages.html

Just a thought for ya.

Tondi G
09-30-2009, 11:28 AM
They have those little mini bowling sets at Target (I think they are maybe 2 dollars each). They look like a larger marble and the small pins. My DS got one in a goodie bag and loved it.

I bet the kids would love getting something like a glow bracelet or necklace (or even a glow stick), a lolly pop and the little bowling set.

babybunny
09-30-2009, 11:53 AM
My friend got mini trophies from Oriental Trading. She thought they were cheesey but the kids LOVED them.

bnme
09-30-2009, 12:12 PM
Smencils (scented pencils), Jibbitz band and Jibbitz, candy or other snack item. I have one in kindy and one in 1st grade and they love anything glow (stick, bracelet, etc).

stillplayswithbarbies
09-30-2009, 12:58 PM
we did the mini bowling trophies at Oriental Trading and printed labels with the kids' names on them and "bowling champ". They loved them!

Fairy
09-30-2009, 01:00 PM
I like the trophies idea much better than the bag o'stuff, too.

jillmk
09-30-2009, 01:48 PM
We just gave each child at our duckpin bowling party a Smencil (purchased on Ebay for less than $1 each) and a perler bead kit (70cents at Michaels). The kids seemed excited, except for one little boy that refused the perler beads and said he doesn't like crafts!

SnuggleBuggles
09-30-2009, 03:03 PM
I really prefer a consumable or something like a book or good quality, small toy (mini Lego set, a ball...). The less stuff, the better. :) Go to Half Priced Books and see if you can find books that might somehow tie into your theme- or just any books that look good. eta- I don't think goodie bags need to be themed.

Beth