PDA

View Full Version : Radian XT or XTSL? please help

lilye13
09-30-2009, 11:35 AM
Hi all,
Sorry if this has been asked already but I am trying not to be too impulsive here but can't quite figure out if I should grab one of these deals on these new radians. I just can't quite figure out what would be better for us the XT or XTSL?
I don't dare ask DH right now who does all our seat installs because he banned me from any new purchases but there are a great price AND we do need to replace DD's Marathons ( as I have posted before).
So I gather the SL is only important in terms of installation and in that case maybe someone could tell me if it what difference it would make for us...
We have a Toyota Sienna and an Acura TL (but this is DH's and not the first priority for replacement). I was leaning toward a Nautilus but like these new radians. We already have a radian 65 we could give her but it isn't great for napping.
Also DS2 is in a safeseat for a while and figured he would go to a MA but I guess he ultimately could go to the XL when time came...only thing with that is I couldn't get the pretty girl colors now so I may hold off on "thinking that far ahead".
Any help would be appreciated! thanks:>

arivecchi
09-30-2009, 12:15 PM
Well, the XT SL will rear face 5 pounds more than the XT. XT=40 pounds XT SL= 45 pounds

You can currently get an XT SL for $216, but they do not ship until mid-late Oct. as it is a brand new seat.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=336602

lilye13
09-30-2009, 01:01 PM
thanks, that helps! Especially since I plan on using it FF for DD.
How about the SL install difference, does it make it easier or better or something?

arivecchi
09-30-2009, 01:15 PM
The experts can chime in, but SL means super LATCH. I believe the weight limit for LATCH is higher in the SL. 80 pounds?