PDA

View Full Version : Cheap diapers, do you use them, if so which ones?

happi
09-30-2009, 02:00 PM
Ok, the town that I live in is small, the only stores we have are Wal-mart, Dollar General, Walgreens, and Drug Warehouse. I have been using Pampers diapers pretty much the whole time, but would like to try some cheaper ones. Anyone have any suggestions on which ones to try? My boy is 2 now so he isn't wet all of the time like he use to be. I have been using night time diapers because he gets so wet. But I thought I might be able to save a few dollars for daytime diapers.
thanks
Happi;)

deenass
09-30-2009, 02:04 PM
I only used Pampers with DS 1 but with #2 I decided to try the Walgreens brand (last summer when they were on MAJOR sale). I think that the Walgreens premiums (I haven't try the Walgreens "regular") are pretty comparable to the Pampers Cruisers (the Pampers are a little thinner but not enough to warrant the add'l cost). I have tried and haven't liked the Rite Aid and CVS brand. I find them too bulky.

They go on sale fairly often (usually buy one, get one 50% off but sometimes better than that).

srhs
09-30-2009, 02:05 PM
We have great luck with Walgreens brand (both the Premium and the cheaper ones which have more in the package) for DS1, but we do need to size up in them before the other brands.
Sam's ones gave him a rash. Wal-Mart seemed awfully stiff.

The good thing is that every generic we've tried has some sort of guarantee on the package where you can try and return if they don't work. So, you aren't out anything to just try them.

mommylamb
09-30-2009, 02:14 PM
I tend to get the Kirkland brand from Costco. Once, I tried the CVS brand because it was a buy one get one free thing. They weren't as absorbent so I he had to be changed more frequently.

AnnieW625
09-30-2009, 02:17 PM
Have you looked at Amazon for the price of Pampers? I used to get our diapers auto shipped from Amazon (we used 7th Generation) and if you auto shipped a case of diapers once a month you got 15% off the price of the case, plus an additional 15% off for the auto ship. I loved the auto ship option! We also used the Kirkland brand diapers and were very happy with them for the last couple of months DD was in diapers (because 7th G large diapers didn't fit well).

We did get some of the Wal Mart diapers and while they were absorbent they were rather stiff.

egoldber
09-30-2009, 02:29 PM
I've used CVS, Walgreens and Safeway brands. I think they all work OK. Our fav we have settled on (because DH is fussy) is Kirkland.

maestramommy
09-30-2009, 02:32 PM
So far we've used Target and Kirkland. Right now I'm about to try Up & Up. It worked okay for Arwyn, next weekend we'll try them on Laurel.

vonfirmath
09-30-2009, 03:26 PM
I use *(and like) CVS brand, Luvs, and the old Target. I've heard good things about the Wal-mart but have not tried them yet.

Walgreens and babies R Us diapers did not work for us at all. Leaks all around.

MoJo
09-30-2009, 05:15 PM
I use and like the Parent's Choice diapers at Walmart. Started with Pampers too, but can't even come close to justifying the price difference, even with good Pampers coupons. DH agrees.

But I'm going to have to look into a nighttime diaper. I didn't know there was such a thing, and I think that would help DD.

misshollygolightly
09-30-2009, 06:02 PM
We cloth diaper at home and use sposies for daycare and outings, so he's not in them all the time. That said, we love the CVS and Walgreens store brands, and also really like the Kroger ones (I think the Kroger brand name is "Soft Comforts" or something like that). Kroger has even started carrying some store-brand diapers that are more environmentally conscious (degrade more quickly, chlorine-free, etc.). I really like them! None of these are quite as soft as Pampers, but I really dislike the perfumey Pampers smell, and I dislike spending so much $ on diapers!

veronica
09-30-2009, 06:49 PM
WE did only pampers for DD and have gone cheap for DS. I actually prefer Walgreen's now to all other brands. I usually splure for the premiums there but the regulars are not too different.

I recently had a good pampers coupon and there was a good deal in town so I bought some (cruisers) and can not believe how much they have changed. There is virtually nothing on the backside of the diaper. They are thinner than the walgreens ones!

catsnkid
09-30-2009, 06:52 PM
I use and like the Parent's Choice diapers at Walmart. Started with Pampers too, but can't even come close to justifying the price difference, even with good Pampers coupons. DH agrees.

But I'm going to have to look into a nighttime diaper. I didn't know there was such a thing, and I think that would help DD.

I've been using Huggies overnites size 3 for the last month, they are great! DS is 4 months old. They are a just a wee big on him, but it doesn't seem to matter. (he is 15 lbs and we are finishing out the size 2 diapers stash otherwise).

HIU8
09-30-2009, 07:40 PM
I have used Kirkland, Target (the new and the old store brand ones) and safeway's Mom to Mom brand. I like the Target brand the best.

ladysoapmaker
09-30-2009, 08:26 PM
I just discovered Target's new diapers. I believe they call the brand Up & Up. The outer cover is nice and we haven't had a leak overnight. I use those or Luvs if I have a coupon. But then again I don't use disposies unless we are going out of town or I waited too long to wash the cloth diapers.

Jen

inmypjs
09-30-2009, 08:52 PM
I pretty much buy whatever brand I can get the best deal on. My goal is to pay .15 to .17 a dipe. Sometimes I've gotten below that, sometimes above. My favorites are Luvs, Walgreens brand, Pampers. I did not care for Target brand - they seemed to leak sooner than the others.

DietCokeLover
09-30-2009, 11:02 PM
We have used Up and Up and Walgreens and been pleased. Currently, we are using Up and Up for DS and Huggies for DD.

I did not like Walmart or Sam's brands at all.

nfowife
10-01-2009, 01:56 AM
for my 2 year old, I usually use the cheapest pull-ups I can find during the daytime (the store brand at the commissary on base has them for $6 for a pack of 28). Then at night we use the overnight huggies pullups because he's a heavy night wetter. Those are more $$ but I haven't had luck with other brands for nighttime and I've tried a bunch.
I also use luvs size 6 when needed (like at nursery school 2x/week they don't like pullups without velcro at the sides and the cheapie ones don't have velcro). Before pullups I used luvs exclusively and really like them!

Kitten007
10-01-2009, 02:06 AM
I love the new Target Up & Up and the Fisher Price Happy Days/Happy Nights Diapers. I lean more towards the Fisher Price (just a tad more expensive but still way cheaper than Huggies and Pampers) because they haven't leaked (knock on wood) and are more "white" and are hard to see through a white onsesie. I love the Happy Nights because they work awesome and don't leave ink inside the sleeper (I get that with Huggies overnights after bath and I put lotion on my boys legs).

Used to be Pampers loyal...then tried Huggies...and now onto Fisher Price.