PDA

View Full Version : Gliders

bluesky
09-30-2009, 03:22 PM
I am looking at gliders and have been focused on the Dutailer brand given its good reviews. I am concerned about finding one that will also be comfortable for my husband who is 6'1''. Does anyone have any recommendations? Also does anyone have any experience with the comfortplus cushions (do they make a difference?).

arivecchi
09-30-2009, 03:30 PM
I have a Little Castle one and my DH who is also six feet tall loves it. Super comfy for both of us!

Andi98989
09-30-2009, 05:06 PM
Mine is a Best and my 6'5" DH loves it.

♥ms.pacman♥
10-08-2009, 02:19 PM
i ordered the Dutalier XL glider from BRU , and that is probably one of the larger & more comfortable gliders i've ever tried. both DH and I are small/short people (5'6") but we wanted a large glider because we wanted it to be comfortable enough for me to use a Boppy with for breastfeeding (most of the more inexpensive gliders i found, aren't wide enough to accomodate a nursing pillow like the boppy). Anyway, i noticed that the XL is much wider than the other glider brands (eg. Shermag), plus the back is taller and it reclines (most gliders don't) so in that sense i think it would be easier for someone larger/tall to use. an added plus is that the ottoman (we bought that too) has a pull-out nursing stool, making it MUCH easier on the lower back.

anyway, i would go to BRU with your DH and would try out the various gliders they have there...that really helped us in making our decision. we were all set to get a Shermag one (because of the low price, along with positive reviews), but as soon as we sat in the Dutalier XL, we knew we had to have it instead. for us i think it will be worth the $$$.