PDA

View Full Version : Favorite slippers??

tmarie
09-30-2009, 03:25 PM
My feet are already getting chilly. :) I looking for some warm, cozy, comfortable slippers that have some support. I have a toddler who often needs to be carried or lifted, so I need something that I won't trip in. I'd love Uggs but don't know if I can justify the expense for something I'll wear only in the house.....

TIA!

tmarie
dd#1 '05
dd#2 '08

Bryan mom
09-30-2009, 09:50 PM
I love my slippers from Costco. I bought them last year and they're still as good as new. Keeps my feet warm and it cost approx. $10. Though there's no support.

I also got a pair from Garnet Hill that I liked, but I like my Costco pair much more. This one has support. I think I paid approx. $20 two years ago.

newg
09-30-2009, 10:14 PM
Lands End has some great slippers too........plus you can't beat that return policy if you try them out and don't like them!

hillview
10-01-2009, 08:52 AM
I really like my LL Bean ones.
http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?categoryId=23102&storeId=1&catalogId=1&langId=-1&from=SR&feat=sr
They are $ but have held up for 2 years worn daily and are super warm, don't stink and I can walk outside in a pinch in them to get newspaper or chase a child ;)
/hillary

lizzywednesday
10-01-2009, 10:27 AM
I really like my LL Bean ones.
http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?categoryId=23102&storeId=1&catalogId=1&langId=-1&from=SR&feat=sr
They are $ but have held up for 2 years worn daily and are super warm, don't stink and I can walk outside in a pinch in them to get newspaper or chase a child ;)
/hillary

I bought my DH a pair of their 'Wicked Good' mocs last year (thought the addition of the rubber sole on the bottom would ensure he wouldn't walk through them if he opted to head to the garage or mailbox in them) and agree, while they are $$, Bean has a lifetime guarantee on them. (Apparently, and this is according to a good friend who used to work for Bean, they WILL take them back after you've abused them and replace them for free.)

aa2mama
10-02-2009, 10:53 AM
I love Isotoner satin ballet slippers. Sometimes I even bring a pair with me to work (shh!!!). They're slim-fitting so I don't trip over my own feet and the leather soles give them a little grip on hard floors. And they're comfy!

arivecchi
10-02-2009, 11:18 AM
I've worn my UGG slippers to death! They have paid for themeselves time and time again because I wear them all the time in the winter. I've even sneaked out in them to the drugstore and the grocery store at times. :bag I treated myself to the UGGs when I was pregnant with DS1 and will get a new pair soon because I love them so much (probably one in another color)!

sweet_pea
10-04-2009, 09:12 PM
I have a pair of Haflinger boiled wool slippers which are very toasty and have a little bit of support, unlike many other slippers. I hope they'll last awhile. The soles aren't super grippy, though.

czekit7
10-14-2009, 05:34 PM
I agree with the previous LL Bean comments. They stand behind their products ALWAYS!!! My husband brought in a jacket that he had for eight years to see if they had a zipper that he could PAY to have fixed...they said the jacket was discontinued and gave him $85 to buy a new jacket...they jacket was $85 8-yrs ago. Anyway, I bought a pair of amazing slipper socks that were sweater material on the outside, leather soles and fleece lined. Look like a really bad pair of old man socks, but they are SO warm, and can be worn outside if you need to get something out of car when it's snowing :)

babybell
10-14-2009, 05:41 PM
I love Dearfoams, all varities. JCPenney sells them and they were all on sale when I was there the other day.

They have a clog-like type (http://www4.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?ItemTyp=C&itemID=17315dd&GrpTyp=PRD&ShowMenu=T&ShopBy=0&SearchString=slippers&RefPage=SearchDepartment.aspx&s4PageSize=15&CmCatId=searchresults&Search1Prod=True&S4Filter=N|508|Ntt|slippers|Ntk|search_all|Nao|15| Nty|1|sid|12454229FD97|Ntx|mode%2bmatchallpartial| Ntpr|1|Ntpc|1&Refinements=508|Gender|womens) that looks wearable outside in a pinch. Only $14.99.

nellonello
10-14-2009, 06:06 PM
I have a pair of Haflinger boiled wool slippers which are very toasty and have a little bit of support, unlike many other slippers. I hope they'll last awhile. The soles aren't super grippy, though.

I have these as well and love them.