PDA

View Full Version : munire vs stanley

bluesky
09-30-2009, 03:32 PM
I believe that Stanely is 100% maple hardwood and made in USA. Does anyone have any experience with the Stanely baby furniture. I am trying to decide between Amish (expensive) or Stanley or Munire (about the same prices point for these two). Not sure if Munire is good quality.

arivecchi
09-30-2009, 03:49 PM
My Munire Oxford crib was gorgeous, very stable, but scratched easily. We had a lot of scrapes in the front from bending down with zippered sweaters and belts. Munire sent a marker which hides the scratches a bit but not completely. It has now been converted into a full size bed. We have not had any isses with the matching armoire.

CharlotteMommy
09-30-2009, 08:29 PM
We have some Young America furniture in the nursery, which is Stanley's kids line. We have been impressed with the quality and have not had any issues so far.

paigeag
10-01-2009, 02:29 PM
We have Munire and I think it is very well made, baby is only 5 months though, so I'm not sure about how it will wear. The dresser is awesome. We use it as a changing table, but when she is older you would never know that is what it was used for. Very classic looking.

karenj2
10-02-2009, 09:53 AM
We were debating between those three as well, and decided to go with the Munire (Savoy) line. I haven't had my kiddo yet, so I don't know how it'll fare, but it looked and felt like quality furniture.

(We also liked the Ragazzi brand furniture - but no kid of mine is going to have better furniture than we do!)

I saw you're in NJ - where are you getting your furniture? We went to Closics in Delaware (in Wilmington) - tax free shopping, even with delivery to PA!

WatchingThemGrow
10-02-2009, 11:18 AM
I only have my iPod keyboard today, so not many details. We have two rooms full of stanley young america. Loooove it. Love that you can add to it down the road very easily and get exactly matching pieces as your children grow.

jenfromnj
10-06-2009, 10:39 PM
We have the Munire Majestic set (convertible crib, double dresser, armoire) and love it--good quality and it looks very nice.

Just to mention since you're in NJ--Crib and Teen City has both brands in the showroom if you wanted a direct comparison. They don't have the best prices for either, though--but they're the only ones who carry Munire in the state, so we had to go to NY (or PA) to comparison shop.