PDA

View Full Version : Which Yankee Candle is best?

ourbabygirl
09-30-2009, 04:45 PM
I want to get another candle for the fall, and I've gotten the large jar ones ($24.99 at BB&B) before. I was wondering, though, if one of the other large ones with more wicks would burn more evenly? And does the scent 'emanate' better from one of those than from the typical jar, 1-wick ones? I have one of those metal 'lids' to put on top of the jar- the people at the candle store said they'd make it burn more evenly- but it seems like I can't smell the candle as much when I use it.

Which candle would you recommend?

Thanks!

k_null81
09-30-2009, 05:00 PM
If you are looking for a fall scent I would get Vanilla Pumpkin. It smells really good! I also got the Farmers Market and that smelled pretty good too but I would go with Vanilla Pumpkin if I had to choose.

calv
09-30-2009, 05:12 PM
not a fall one but my personal favorite(s) are clean cotton and apple pie! YUM

SnuggleBuggles
09-30-2009, 05:14 PM
Until Beth (brittone) and others pointed out the possible health risks caused from nanoparticles in scented candles I loved the Pumpkin Pie scented one a ton!! Sugar cookie was next fave.

Now, alas, I use no scented candles. What I do instead are simmer cinnamon sticks in water on the stove. It smells great!!

Beth

ourbabygirl
09-30-2009, 05:22 PM
Yikes! I didn't know that- thanks for letting me know!
Does it use a ton of energy/ electricity to simmer cinnamon sticks on the stove?

SnuggleBuggles
09-30-2009, 09:15 PM
Don't know. I bring it to a boil, cut the heat to barely a simmer and I usually keep it going while guests are over but even if you cut it off after even a short bit (15 minutes) your home will have a lovely aroma. Last time I did I even poured some of the water into a pyrex and placed it in a room that the smell might not have wafted to otherwise. It all smelled so good. :)

Beth

MamaKath
09-30-2009, 09:28 PM
Until Beth (brittone) and others pointed out the possible health risks caused from nanoparticles in scented candles I loved the Pumpkin Pie scented one a ton!! Sugar cookie was next fave.

Now, alas, I use no scented candles. What I do instead are simmer cinnamon sticks in water on the stove. It smells great!!

Off to blow out my candle and search for nanoparticles...

newg
09-30-2009, 10:35 PM
What about using one of those heater thingys....(yeah, sorry....so tired right now!!).....I have one that heats from the bottom....also use it to keep drinks warm!.......and I have one that looks like a little lamp and heats from the top...................do those put out the nanoparticles too??

I started using those 'cause I didn't like having the flame and soot.........they seem to get the same aroma and they last a lot longer!!

ourbabygirl
09-30-2009, 10:58 PM
Yeah, I wondered about those heater things (that you plug in, I think), too! I'm assuming no nanoparticles since there's no flame (right?), but maybe brittone2 would know. Paging brittone2.... :)