PDA

View Full Version : Recipe for chicken drumsticks for Kids

niccig
09-30-2009, 04:56 PM
We have to bring a main dish to DS's class party. I thought a marinade for chicken drumsticks and then under the broiler or on the BBQ would be easy to do and they can be eaten either warm or cold. I'm having trouble locating a recipe. I don't want it to be too spicy as I know some of the kids won't eat that. But I also don't want it to be too bland for the adults.

Any suggestions for a tried and true recipe that YOUR kids love?

Thanks.
Oh, other people will be bring a main dish too, so there will be other options if the kids don't like chicken drumsticks.

brittone2
09-30-2009, 04:58 PM
Not sure if this will work for you, but my kids like chicken drumsticks dipped in some beaten egg and then rolled in some seasoned parmesan (I throw some garlic and some Italian seasoning in there someimes). It makes a bit of a light "breading" that is really parmesan.

Tondi G
09-30-2009, 07:25 PM
I would just season them with salt and pepper,some fresh rosemary and garlic toss with some olive oil... let them marinate over night.

You could also do a simple teriyaki marinade or italian salad dressing.

MMMommy
09-30-2009, 08:04 PM
For kids, I would marinate drumsticks in Yoshida's Gourmet Sauce, which is a thick, slightly sweet teriyaki sauce. Costco sells the big jug of it, and I've seen it at supermarkets. And then bake.