PDA

View Full Version : Corolle Vanilla doll, clothes, etc

KrisM
10-01-2009, 09:14 AM
I think DD is going to get this: http://www.liveandlearn.com/corolle/vanilladolls.html with the blond hair for christmas from my SIL. We have 2 outfits for Bitty Babies that are hand-me-downs, complete with matching girl outfits. Will the Corolle fit into the bitty baby clothes pretty well?

Also, do you think the Corolle is a good choice? She'll be 3.5 and loves dolls.

Melaine
10-01-2009, 09:16 AM
I didn't know that doll came in the redheads, how cute! My girls sure do like their Calins and I think the scent is very sweet....I think the link you posted is adorable.

egoldber
10-01-2009, 09:20 AM
We have that doll in a brunette. :) I know for a fact that she can wear Bitty Baby dresses. Pants are harder because the Corolle doll is more slender than BB.

Amy likes her very much, but she likes dolls of all shapes and sizes.

hillview
10-01-2009, 09:23 AM
We have a baby Corolle doll who DS #2 ADORES -- so highly recommend the brand (the baby can be washed which is great). I can't comment on the one you liked to but the brand is fantastic. Also the scent is pretty strong at first (at least on the baby it is) but fades after a couple of weeks to a nicer more mild scent.
HTH
/hillary

Melaine
10-01-2009, 09:25 AM
Also the scent is pretty strong at first (at least on the baby it is) but fades after a couple of weeks to a nicer more mild scent.
HTH
/hillary

Oooops I forgot that both our Calins are used. One from Goodwill and one from Ebay. So the scent is probably much milder after age and washing.

KrisM
10-02-2009, 11:30 PM
Great. Thanks. Our Bitty Baby stuff is dresses, so we'll be good it seems. I think she'll like it because it more-or-less looks like her with the hair and eyes.

bubbaray
10-02-2009, 11:36 PM
We have the 1st blonde Vanilla doll pictured on that site. Yes, she can wear the BB dresses, but they are big on her (but easy for little hands). The Corolle clothes definitely fit better, though. The BBs (which we also have) are chubbier and heavier. DD#2 (age 2.5) prefers the Corolle doll and has adopted her (was DD#1s). DD#1 prefers the BB.

*My* review is I prefer the features of the Corolle doll overall -- the size, the delicacy, the coloring. BUT, I prefer the BB hair. AG dolls have much nicer hair IMO. So, its a toss up.

The clothes are pretty similar, just sized differently.

HTH