PDA

View Full Version : P & PT and BBB Mojo please :) (Any kidney stone info appreciated too)

HannaAddict
10-01-2009, 10:02 AM
Hey there,
I have been having a slight freak out since finding out last night that I have to have surgery this morning to do either a stent or catheter work around a large kidney stone. I feel like I fell down the rabbit hole since calling my OB on Tuesday to see if I could take ibuprofen instead of Tylenol for what I thought was awful back pain. Long story short, they had me come in and didn't like my culture, I was admitted to the hospital (totally shocked) and U/S found almost 1 cm stone acting like a cork. Good news is, baby is doing great, cervix is great, no contractions, etc. I am on feel good meds, tons of fluids but it is too big to come out on its own and too high to try and basket it out and since I am pg, they can't use sound waves to smash it. So, waiting to meet the radiologist and have surgery to bypass it until after baby arrives, then can use sound waves on it. But the two options are both scary to me as is any surgery at this point. Anyone else BTDT or have any words of wisdom (Sillygirl?), if so, love to hear it. And I've seen the BBB Mojo and P & PT work wonders on far more serious issues than this one. Thanks for any good thoughts you could send my way today.

On a lighter note, my five year old says he wants me to bring the "rock" home.

MoJo
10-01-2009, 10:32 AM
Well, I'm "mojo," and I'm a pray-er, so you've got it!

hanaum02
10-01-2009, 12:42 PM
Good luck with the surgery. I'll be thinking of you.

Michelle

slworld
10-01-2009, 12:47 PM
P & PT coming your way.

BabyMine
10-01-2009, 01:20 PM
No advice just tons of P & PT:hug5:

elektra
10-01-2009, 01:23 PM
I would be shocked too! P & PT.

jgenie
10-01-2009, 01:30 PM