PDA

View Full Version : How to baby proof TV?

Krisrich
10-01-2009, 10:40 AM
We are getting a flat screen TV that will sit on top of a corner media unit. We can't mount the TV to the wall because it needs to be placed diagonally in the room because of the way everything is laid out. I'm not worried about my 10 month old DD pushing buttons etc- I can handle that. I just don't want the TV to topple over on top of her!!! What should I get? It looks like BRU has a bar that you can bolt to the wall and to the TV. Or, should I get some sort of velcro strapping device? Anyone BTDT? Thanks!!!

newg
10-01-2009, 04:18 PM
our flat screen is on the wall.....but I have seen straps and other similar hold devices at BRU and online for flat screens..........I would order one or two and try them out to see what works best for you!
I would think you'll need something stronger than velcro to hold the tv in place......I would check weight limits or tv size requirements on whatever you pick.....

PAfirsttimemom
10-02-2009, 08:05 AM
We have our 50" Sony LCD (not a superflat screen, though; is a few years old) on a corner media stand in our family room, and my DH actually built a gatelike barrier around it (out of wood and a clear plexiglas type material). It has worked great. No worries about the TV toppling over or either DS (3.5 and 1) grabbing the equipment and pushing buttons, etc. The only downside is that it is a semipermanent structure (screwed into the wall), so it's a pain to clean the TV/stand and area around it.

AshleyAnn
10-02-2009, 01:33 PM
I'm buying that bar that BRU sells once our LO becomes mobile. If you look at the pictures on their website (http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3502239) it looks like it can be installs on a TV that sits at an angle.