PDA

View Full Version : Jon now says show destructive to kids, gets TLC to suspend filming them

justlearning
10-01-2009, 12:53 PM
Not that anyone cares much but since their show has been discussed on here before, I thought I'd share the latest news (if you want, you can read about it all on radaronline.com).

The same day that Jon was released from the show, he started fighting TLC, saying that the show is destructive to the kids, they don't have proper permits to film them, that film crews were no longer allowed on his property, etc. (Just a month ago, though, he gave an interview saying how the kids liked being on the show, it wasn't work for them, etc.)

So, now the TLC network released this statement this morning:

We are aware of Jon Gosselin's recent statements, and remain deeply disappointed at his continued erratic behavior. He and the family were shooting as recently as last Friday, without incident, and his latest comments are grossly inaccurate, without merit and are clearly opportunistic. Despite Jon Gosselin's repeated self destructive and unprofessional actions, he remains under an exclusive contract with TLC. Direct filming of the children has been currently suspended, pending further conversations between both parents.

AnnieW625
10-01-2009, 12:59 PM
I don't care for the man much, but honestly if I was going through a hotly contested divorce that was going to be in the public eye and I was just canned from my tv show I don't think I would want my children filmed either unless I was going to be able to be a part of it also.

I honestly think that TLC is going to paint Kate as a hero single mom to 8 kids, which isn't necessarily true and I can see why Jon is mad, and doesn't want the kids filmed. The show should just go off the air.

clc053103
10-01-2009, 01:03 PM
I don't care for the man much, but honestly if I was going through a hotly contested divorce that was going to be in the public eye and I was just canned from my tv show I don't think I would want my children filmed either unless I was going to be able to be a part of it also.

I honestly think that TLC is going to paint Kate as a hero single mom to 8 kids, which isn't necessarily true and I can see why Jon is mad, and doesn't want the kids filmed. The show should just go off the air.

I agree! TLC , PULL THE PLUG!!!!

BabyMine
10-01-2009, 01:04 PM
I don't think anytime that man opens his mouth that he is trying to be a protective and loving father. There is most likely an ulterior motive.

Laurel
10-01-2009, 01:07 PM
I don't care how this show gets cancelled, I just want it done.

mama2g03
10-01-2009, 01:32 PM
The same day that Jon was released from the show, he started fighting TLC, saying that the show is destructive to the kids, they don't have proper permits to film them, that film crews were no longer allowed on his property, etc. (Just a month ago, though, he gave an interview saying how the kids liked being on the show, it wasn't work for them, etc.)

Funny how he didn't have a problem with these things when he was out spending all the money he made off his kids. And yes, please cancel this show. Although, I think the ratings will do that for them.

BabyMine
10-01-2009, 01:37 PM
I bet you anything it has to do with the fact that he wants to be on a show about divorced dads. TLC said no so he is going to try and undermine the show.

KpbS
10-01-2009, 02:10 PM
I agree! TLC , PULL THE PLUG!!!!

:yeahthat:

brittone2
10-01-2009, 02:21 PM
I don't care how this show gets cancelled, I just want it done.
:yeahthat:

Even if it is retaliatory on Jon's part, I find it crazy that TLC is talking about how they can no longer pretend he's a doting dad or whatever. Yet their own ethics surrounding this situation haven't really been all that stellar, kwim?

At this point, I'm all for whatever it takes to stop the madness and get those kids out of the spotlight...even if it means Jon is using it as part of some bigger strategy to get back at TLC or get more publicity or punish Kate somehow.

codex57
10-01-2009, 02:35 PM

:yeahthat: Totally agree.

pb&j
10-01-2009, 04:09 PM
There is most likely an ulterior motive.

So what. For once, this is the right move for the kids, no matter what the motive behind it.

Melaine
10-01-2009, 04:34 PM
Finally someone did the right thing, if only for the wrong reason.

BabyMine
10-01-2009, 05:06 PM
So what. For once, this is the right move for the kids, no matter what the motive behind it.

He should have decided a long time ago to stop the show. He is only doing it now to serve his needs. At least this will hopefully end the show.

Sillygirl
10-01-2009, 05:21 PM
Boy, that statement from TLC is kind of creepy. Parent says don't film my kid, that should take care of things. But they're going on about their contract and that they continue to negotiate while filming is suspended. It's like they own the children. I hope there is a backlash against TLC for airing this show, not limited to the show itself. If we had true cable choice and could pick and choose our networks, I'd be dropping TLC in protest.

BigDog
10-01-2009, 09:53 PM
Anyone watching Jon on Larry King? I can't stand J or K, and I keep flipping back and forth on which one I dislike the most, but I remember Jon raising the red flags in the last episode of last season. He seemed to be pretty unhappy being on the show back then, does no one remember that? Perhaps now he finally has the power to get the show off the air?

codex57
10-01-2009, 09:55 PM
Finally someone did the right thing, if only for the wrong reason.

Works for me.

jenfromnj
10-01-2009, 10:17 PM
I feel more terrible for those children every day--I really hope they have enough money left over for therapy for them!

bubbaray
10-01-2009, 10:22 PM
DH and I were just talking about this when it was on the news here. Jon is such a hypocrit. He and Kate have been prostituting those poor kids for years now. But, today, after he got canned yesterday, all of the sudden its wrong?? WTF?

Jon is such a jacka$$. I read somewhere that he has been trying to get out of his contract with TLC so he can have his own show.

I also read somewhere online that his lawyer threatened criminal action. I have a ? for the lawyer moms -- is that legal in the US? B/c here, I can't threaten someone with criminal action in a civil dispute, its a breach of our code of professional conduct. Not that I would expect any lawyer Jon hires to be at the apex of professionalism.... LOL.

shawnandangel
10-04-2009, 01:21 AM
Ok, I'm kinda sorry for bringing this back up - but not really. Not when you see this funny picture:

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20309351,00.html

Poor Jon. He can't spell either. Guess he'll never be an English teacher. I hope he isn't the one helping the kids with their book reports!