PDA

View Full Version : Bra size 32C. Maternity bra or normal bra?

jeterdog
10-01-2009, 02:03 PM
Hi everyone. I am a first time Mom and am in need of a new bra. I am 22 weeks and not sure what my cup size will be when I get closer to my due date. Based on my bra size would you recommend buying a maternity bra or just getting a normal bra with my new cup size from Victoria Secret? If you think Maternity is the way to go what brand do you recommend for my small size?

alleycat
10-02-2009, 11:07 AM
I was a 32C pre-preggo, bought regular ones in 34C when preggo and now at 34D since I'm BFing.

wendibird22
10-02-2009, 12:35 PM
I'd buy regular ones. IME, my size went up and down (both band and cup) at different stages of pregnancy and then after delivery, as I continued to nurse, and once I weened. The regular bras I bought during pregnancy came in handy when my size went back down later on and again as I'm preggo with #2 my my size is going back up. I also have found that regular bras are more supportive than maternity bras. I'm 28wks and just bought a regular bra in my new/current size (a Wacoal...love them) because nothing in my stock pile of old sizes from the first time around fit other than a few nursing bras and they just aren't supportive enough for day to day wear.

That said, if I had to buy a bra in the 9th month I'd probably invest in a nursing bra...one with some room to grow in the cups (or a stretchy, forgiving material).

elektra
10-02-2009, 12:44 PM
At that point, I just borrowed some older bras from a bigger busted friend. I didn't want to spend the money on nice bras that wouldn't be useful in a matter of a few months.

mousemom
10-02-2009, 01:19 PM
I'd buy regular ones. IME, my size went up and down (both band and cup) at different stages of pregnancy and then after delivery, as I continued to nurse, and once I weened. The regular bras I bought during pregnancy came in handy when my size went back down later on and again as I'm preggo with #2 my my size is going back up. I also have found that regular bras are more supportive than maternity bras. I'm 28wks and just bought a regular bra in my new/current size (a Wacoal...love them) because nothing in my stock pile of old sizes from the first time around fit other than a few nursing bras and they just aren't supportive enough for day to day wear.

That said, if I had to buy a bra in the 9th month I'd probably invest in a nursing bra...one with some room to grow in the cups (or a stretchy, forgiving material).

:yeahthat:

May not work for you, but I also found I was able to extend the life of many of my regular bras during pregnancy (and after) by getting a couple of those bra extenders that hook onto the back of the bra and give you a couple of extra inches. They sell them at places like Motherhood Maternity for about $1.50.

AshleyAnn
10-02-2009, 01:29 PM
:yeahthat:

May not work for you, but I also found I was able to extend the life of many of my regular bras during pregnancy (and after) by getting a couple of those bra extenders that hook onto the back of the bra and give you a couple of extra inches. They sell them at places like Motherhood Maternity for about $1.50.

That worked for most of my pregnancy for me too. I bought mine for 72 cents at target in the sewing/craft department not the undie department.

I had another growth spurt during the last trimester so I would wait on buying bras until closer to the end since you never know where you'll end up and replacing barely worn bras SUCKS (BTDT)

lizzywednesday
10-02-2009, 01:51 PM

I had another growth spurt during the last trimester so I would wait on buying bras until closer to the end since you never know where you'll end up and replacing barely worn bras SUCKS (BTDT)

Agreed on the replacing barely worn bras ... but, if you're under a "D" cup, you can still get decent and inexpensive bras at Target & Wal*Mart! (I'm not and am in need of new bras b/c mine are starting to show some wear-and-tear. These were all purchased pre-pregnancy, though, so I'm due for new bras anyway!)

jeterdog
10-03-2009, 03:21 PM
Thank you for the tips! I think I will definately stick with regular bras.