PDA

View Full Version : Questions about baby teeth molar before incisors!

plusbellelavie
10-01-2009, 03:59 PM
Our 9mths old has his 2 bottom teeth (incisors) (they came in around 6.5 months) we have been expecting for the last 6 or 8 weeks for his top incisors to come in because of all the normal/common behaviour of chewing, drooling, doubling of the gums, rash around the mouth kind of thing. But today I noticed that his molar on his top right side is piercing through the gum and I was a bit shocked (there is no sign at all of the central top incisors coming in at all). I have done research today online and "normally" the incisors come in before the molar...and this has been my experience in the past with my older DC.

So should I be concern? Does it matter for his future teeth?

Merci!:kisscheek:

nrp
10-01-2009, 05:10 PM
I understand that there is a very wide range of "normal" for tooth eruption. My DS had four top incisors and two bottom ones and now has all four first molars. But he still is missing two bottom incisors. I'm not too worried. DD didn't get a tooth at all until 12 months and hers finally all showed up!

Laurel
10-01-2009, 05:41 PM
I wouldn't worry, there are variations on "normal" tooth eruption order.

KpbS
10-01-2009, 05:56 PM
I asked a similar question recently..thought you might be interested in the responses

http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=329599&highlight=teeth

plusbellelavie
10-02-2009, 12:03 AM
Thanks for the replies I knew I shouldn't be too concern but then you start the what ifs...

I had seen your previous post KpbS during my research yesterday but I guess my mindset yesterday was molars before incisors not normal but then last night after posting I realized that there wasn't anything I could do about it anyway that is just the way it is for him and I should just relax!

Merci encore :kisscheek: