PDA

View Full Version : RF Height limitations in Britax seats.......

newg
10-01-2009, 04:14 PM
Okay, so my Britax car seat boxes are in storage....along with other moving stuff so I can't go to them for reference................
really hoping someone on here can help me out!!

DD is 33'' tall and I'm really worried I read on the Britax diplomat box when we first got it that I have to turn her FF at 35'' tall regardless of her weight (which is 24lbs)..............am I just making that up??

Their website doesn't say anything about RF height requirements.....just says they can RF 'till 35lbs and overall the seat is good to 40'', 40lbs......

Can anyone help me out here? I'll call cust. service if I have to, but I thought I would check here first!!

TIA!!

Joolsplus2
10-01-2009, 04:33 PM
I'd take the height limits as a guideline, since every kid is proportioned so differently it's not very accurate. What's *most* important from a safety perspective is that you only use it rearfacing till the head is about one inch from the top of the seat shell (the main part, not the headrest). That guarantees the body and head will stay completely contained during the deep downward rotation in the beginning part of the crash and won't 'ramp out' over the top of the seatback. Or till the weight limit is reached, but most kids are way too tall before they are 35 pounds. www.britaxusa.com has all the manuals online, too :)

hellbennt
10-02-2009, 07:47 AM
while you're at it;)
remind us of how the slots go RF...
on or beneath the shoulder:hug:

(still keeping my 3yr old RF)

Thank you! (I tend to like to keep information together about a topic:bag)

Joolsplus2
10-02-2009, 08:03 AM
In the case of this delicious seat or the boulevard, always AT the shoulders. In regular seats with slots, 'at or below' for rearfacing (to hug them down in the seat and prevent ramping) and 'at or above' forward facing (to hold them back in the seat, no need to hold them down for FF).
:)

hellbennt
10-03-2009, 12:27 PM
:signthankspin: as always:D