PDA

View Full Version : Anyone love their toy box?

MizMojoLaveau
10-01-2009, 04:52 PM
I'm looking for something plain, and probably white (or aqua, orange, etc.) in color since the other furniture in the room is wood tone. It seems like a lot of them aren't very big. I would like a decent size and with a lid that doesn't slam shut on little fingers.

vonfirmath
10-01-2009, 05:01 PM
No. Toy boxes become black holes that nothing can be found in and take up precious wall space. I prefer shelving units with drawers to store toys (and organize) or even some toys some books areas.

MizMojoLaveau
10-01-2009, 05:17 PM
Yes, me too. Problem is we have bookcase units along one wall with bins and books and they are already overflowing. Since the bins are organized by type of toy (trains/tracks, dinosaurs, etc.), I still need a place for a ll the loose stuff to go in that isn't part of a "set." We just happen to have the perfect spot for a box at the foot of the bed and I thought it would also aid in climbing into and out of the new big bed.

traciann
10-01-2009, 06:30 PM
My friend just passed down this one and I really like it. I use it for to hold our dress up clothes. There are a few more color options as well.

http://www.littletikes.com/toys/pink-sort-store-toy-chest.aspx