PDA

View Full Version : Question for fellow Stephanie Plum Fans

MartiesMom2B
10-01-2009, 07:39 PM
I'm reading Finger Lickin' 15. I can't for the life of me remember why/how Stephanie and Morelli broke up. It's driving me nuts. Anyone remember/know?

Corie
10-01-2009, 09:43 PM
Sonia,

Do you like the Stephanie Plum books? I was thinking about
starting them. (But 15 books is a huge commitment!!)

AbbysMom
10-01-2009, 09:50 PM
I haven't read Finger-Lickin 15 and don't know the answer to OP's question, but to Corie - these books are VERY fun easy reads. You can read one of them quick and be looking forward to the next one. They make me laugh out loud sometimes.

inmypjs
10-01-2009, 09:57 PM
I didn't know there was a new one out! I'll have to get on the list at the library. Although I can't answer the original poster's question, my guess is that they broke up for the same reason they always do - Morelli doesn't like Stephanie's job, wants her to settle down, etc. I do like these books, but honestly I liked the ones early in the series a lot better. I thought the last several I read were very predictable and not nearly as well done. They are easy reads though.

cvanbrunt
10-01-2009, 10:02 PM
They have always been an on-again, off-again couple. I think they start off differently in each book to support whatever the story arc is that particular time.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
10-02-2009, 12:35 AM
Sonia,

Do you like the Stephanie Plum books? I was thinking about
starting them. (But 15 books is a huge commitment!!)

They are like sitcoms, in book form. VERY easy reads, a bit, okay TOTALLY addictive. They don't need to be read one right after another. Each book kinda completes, itself like a Friends or Seinfeld episode. Each book kinda explains the characters in the beginning. They are really good, cute, fluffy, and I have NEVER LOL'd from a book before.

leslieu
10-02-2009, 01:12 AM
They have always been an on-again, off-again couple. I think they start off differently in each book to support whatever the story arc is that particular time.

:yeahthat:

I just re-read 14 and Stephaine and Morelli were on-again at the end of the book. I just started 15 so there is nothing you are missing.

HTH

MartiesMom2B
10-02-2009, 09:07 AM
Corie, they are fun and hilarious. One of the most memorable scenes for me is from when Stephanie and her friend Lula were taking down someone and he was complaining about women who got Brazilians and comparing them to plucked chickens or something like that.

Thanks for letting me know. I wasn't sure if I missed something big. I kind of like Ranger better - but that's because he's mysterious.

zag95
10-02-2009, 10:59 AM
To OP-
Morelli doesn't like Stephanie working as a a bounty hunter- and he especially doesn't like it when Stephanie stays with, works with or interacts with Ranger, in any way! Just a little jealous- and Morelli always worries about Stephanie- hence their on again, off again relationship. Morelli wants her to have a nice safe normal job, and stay at home like the other women in the Berg- she says no-way. They are in a continual power struggle about this!

I love these books- they too make me LOL- I read parts to my DH. Janet Evanovich can't write them fast enough!

It would be fun if they made them into a movie- I remember reading those threads too!

Happy reading!

DietCokeLover
10-02-2009, 11:05 AM
These are by far some of my fav books. I LOL a lot when I read them too. Lula and Grandma absolutely crack me up.

Definitely worth reading all 15. You might get so hooked you'll read them all in 15 days!

LarsMal
10-02-2009, 12:12 PM
These books are hilarious! I haven't read 15 yet, but I can't wait to.

Corie- I haven't actually read all of them. I think I started around 7. They are such fun, quick reads. I also like the in-between books. Plum Lovin' and Plum Lucky were good.

Corie
10-30-2009, 09:31 AM
Quick question about the books,

Do I need to read the extra novels in the series or can I just read 1-15?

StantonHyde
10-30-2009, 12:29 PM
Just 1-15, but you will WANT to read the extras :-)

Corie
10-30-2009, 01:16 PM
Just 1-15, but you will WANT to read the extras :-)

How do I know when the extras fall in the order? Is there a list somewhere
that tells me the sequence?

Thanks!

etaylor75
10-30-2009, 02:08 PM
Here's the list, on the left.

http://www.evanovich.com/novels/novel

Looks like I have a new series to read :)

Erin

BeachBum
10-30-2009, 02:12 PM
While they certainly can be read out of order--I do think they are more fun in order. You get to watch the relationships and the characters evolve a bit more.

fortato
10-30-2009, 02:18 PM
I think they split in the Between the Numbers one.... Plum Spooky, I think....

liz
10-30-2009, 08:47 PM
I kind of like Ranger better - but that's because he's mysterious

:yeahthat:

Corie
11-12-2009, 03:12 PM
Here's the list, on the left.

http://www.evanovich.com/novels/novel

Looks like I have a new series to read :)

Erin

Thanks! I just finished book 4 and I need to reserve book 5 at the library.

teedeedee
11-12-2009, 06:53 PM
This made me smile. I LOVE those books! When I first started reading them I was driving a long way to and from work so I tried listening to them on audiobook...but I kept laughing so hard I thought I'd wreck! Had to stick to the books from then on. =)

I get so excited when a new one comes out- then I read it in a day and am bummed that I have to wait another year. (Unless I'm lucky enough for a between the numbers to come out)