PDA

View Full Version : Question for Craigslist sellers...

TwinFoxes
10-01-2009, 09:05 PM
So I've never bought anything from CL. But I'm looking for something now. I did a search, and came up with a few hits from about 10 days ago. If you've already sold something, does it disappear from CL? Or does it stay on the site? After an item is posted, how long is too long to contact the seller? TIA!

kijip
10-01-2009, 09:14 PM
If it is still up, it's fair game to contact the seller about. If a seller doesn't want any more inquiries or the item has sold, they are supposed to delete the listing. Some sellers update the listing the say SOLD but it's better to just delete it outright. In Seattle listing expire after 7 days (I guess they set how long they will host the ad by how busy the site in that city is).

AshleyAnn
10-01-2009, 10:13 PM
Some people take them down when an item sells others just leave them up until they expire. If a listing is still up for something I want I email no matter how long ago it has been and ask if the item is still available. Whats the worst that can happen? The ignore/delete your email or reply "its been sold". If you're lucky and its still available the seller may be more open to a lower price just to get it sold.