PDA

View Full Version : OK...so what is the protocol for possible flu?

lilycat88
10-01-2009, 09:42 PM
Susanna is sick. 101 fever, nasal congestion and runny nose, aches, fatigue, stomach pain but no vomiting/diarrhea. 101 is huge for her. Normally, a "fever" for her is 99.

So, if she's the same tomorrow, are peds bringing kids in for testing for flu or are they just seeing them if they are really bad? She has a history of reactive airway disease/asthma and was just at the pulmonologist this morning. At that point, her lung function tests were great and her chest was clear. Her doctor just said she just looked like she had a cold...we agreed with that totally. Now, she's much sicker. Actually, when she fell asleep in the car on the way home this afternoon, we knew she felt horrible because I can only remember a couple of times in the last couple of years when she's fallen asleep in the car.

SnuggleBuggles
10-01-2009, 09:44 PM
I'd try to keep her comfortable. Personally, I wouldn't go in if she is just normal sick. But, b/c of her health history I'd call in the AM just so they can go over warning signs that merit you bringing her in. I hope she feels better!

Beth

o_mom
10-01-2009, 10:37 PM
I guess call and talk with them in the morning. They have always been good at deciding if we need to come in. Hope she is feeling better soon! There seems to be a few things other than flu circulating right now.