PDA

View Full Version : I need some bday party ideas please

jess_g
10-02-2009, 09:40 AM
Dh says that my ds cannot have a big party this year so I am trying to come up with some ideas for a small party maybe with 2 or 3 kids. We could have it at our house, but I am looking for some other ideas too. The weather is cold so an outdoor party will not work for us.

Any thoughts or suggestions would help. I realy don't know where we can have a party with so few kids or what they could do together.

ETA: Son is turning 6 and just started K and loves star wars and legos!

Thanks,

Jessica.

fivi2
10-02-2009, 09:49 AM
How old is your dc?

Are there any theatres around that do children's plays or puppet show? Something like that plus a trip to the ice cream place could be fun.

egoldber
10-02-2009, 10:10 AM
For 3-5 kids, I would suggest going to the movies. Or have a home movie party. Show a movie, popcorn, some games and cake = party. :) We did this for Sarah's 7th brithday (with 5 guests) and it was easy, although entertaining siz 7 year olds was more exhausting than I had imagined....

Jen841
10-02-2009, 10:17 AM
My son is that age and LOVES Scooby Doo. Why don't you have friends over for DS's favorite meal or pizza, popcorn and a movie. Could allow for other parents to have maybe a dinner out while their child is under your care. A gift you give could be the DVD.

Target has some Scooby Doo movies for $5 each, and also at Amazon you can buy Seasons 1 and 2 of the original cartoons for $26 - 574 minutes of video!

The icing on the cake for my kids would be to call it a PJ party. They love any excuse to wear their PJ's.

Send the kids home with a box of movie candy for a favor.

egoldber
10-02-2009, 10:20 AM
Send the kids home with a box of movie candy for a favor.

When we did the movie party I sent home a bag of microwave popcorn and movie candy. :)

Melaine
10-02-2009, 10:22 AM
I'm considering a playdate party for a few DC for my girls 3rd B-day. We will be out of town the weekend before and after their birthday and will celebrate with my parents the weekend before at their house, but am looking at something for 2-4 friends to do the weekday of the B-day. I was thinking about a lunch pizza picnic at the park but that would obviously be outside. So I realize that really doesn't help you....

But I just wanted to add that I saw a Star Wars Lego guy t-shirt on the clearance rack at our Target this week, and how cute would it be to make a cake with these on it? http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=star+wars+lego+figures&x=0&y=0 (I know I have seen them cheaper at Target, Walmart or TRU. I'm sure you already know about those since your son is into those.)