PDA

View Full Version : Costume idea for me?

alexsmommy
10-02-2009, 10:41 AM
I am soooo not good at this. I am on our Halloween block party planning committe and they really want all of us to dress up. I will be 6 months pregnant. I have no idea. I would do something "cute" with my belly, but chances are it will be cold out so I need to be warm.
So what are you dressing up as this year?

brittone2
10-02-2009, 11:06 AM
We went to a Halloween party when I was pg with DD. I had a pretty good sized belly going at the time. I found this idea online somewhere, and it was fun...

I took foam board and cut out a door (left the bottom edge of the cutout attached. Cut a window in the door and had some kind of clear plastic in there. At the top drew a timer, and installed some little stove knobs I found at the hardware store, and a handle on the door. It was an oven...you could open the door. I attached a little piece of DS's playfood to my tummy for a "bun in the oven" (could see it through the oven "window". We hung the oven using string attached to the top, so I just wore it around my neck. DH wore a chef hat and apron to go with it ;)

It was fun and made for a fun memory.

alexsmommy
10-02-2009, 12:17 PM
We went to a Halloween party when I was pg with DD. I had a pretty good sized belly going at the time. I found this idea online somewhere, and it was fun...

I took foam board and cut out a door (left the bottom edge of the cutout attached. Cut a window in the door and had some kind of clear plastic in there. At the top drew a timer, and installed some little stove knobs I found at the hardware store, and a handle on the door. It was an oven...you could open the door. I attached a little piece of DS's playfood to my tummy for a "bun in the oven" (could see it through the oven "window". We hung the oven using string attached to the top, so I just wore it around my neck. DH wore a chef hat and apron to go with it ;)

It was fun and made for a fun memory.

LOVE IT! Thanks. It's also perfect because DH typically won't dress up but I could get him in a chefs hat.
Do you have any pics? I would like to shamelessly steal the idea.

brittone2
10-02-2009, 05:55 PM
LOVE IT! Thanks. It's also perfect because DH typically won't dress up but I could get him in a chefs hat.
Do you have any pics? I would like to shamelessly steal the idea.

I'll see if I can find it...DS liked it so much he wanted me to keep it...it may still be in the attic. I'll take a pic of it if I can find it. Far too embarrassing to post a pic of me in it LOL.

Yeah, DH would never be into wearing a costume typically but the chef hat/apron he was willing to do ;)

SM23Mama21
10-02-2009, 07:03 PM
Last year I was about 8 month pregnant at Halloween. I so badly wanted to dress up as a 50's girl and have DH dress up as the milk man (DS would have been the milk man's baby). Get it? But we didn't do anything fun last year.