PDA

View Full Version : Tell me what I can do with an iTouch!

jse107
10-02-2009, 11:28 AM
I'm not a technology person, but I love the way the iTouch works. I'd like to put on eon my birthday list, but DH wants to know what I would use it for. To be honest, I don't really know...but I still want one--is that wrong?

So help me out--what can I do with an iTouch that will convince DH that it's okay for a birthday list item!

Maxlee
10-02-2009, 11:39 AM
You can keep your calendar, grocery lists, phone numbers, games, e-mail (wi-fi), there are tons of applications available for it.

It is basically the i-phone without the phone. I have one and love it (so does 3 1/2 year old DD who plays games and watches movies on it when we have to wait in a restaurant, dr's office, airplane, etc.)

BillK
10-02-2009, 11:48 AM
and....if you have wireless (wifi) at home and Skype - it's a phone too!

niccig
10-02-2009, 12:44 PM
Calendar and To Do List. Both DH and I sync to the computer and now I have an updated calendar with my everywhere. To Do List as I kept losing paper lists. Music for DS, games/shows for DS. I use it all the time. But mostly to keep me organized.

hillview
10-02-2009, 01:26 PM
Games and music and videos. I use it on plane/long car trips as a DVD player or doc waiting room etc. We have mickey mouse club house video on it etc.
/hillary

jse107
10-02-2009, 01:58 PM
Keep the ideas coming!

ellies mom
10-02-2009, 04:49 PM
My husband and I coordinate our calenders on Google and it syncs great with the iTouch. There are a ton of great apps for just about anything. I have one for my knitting that keeps track of my needles, yarn and projects. You name it, someone has written an app for it. I'm in nursing school so I have medical dictionaries, drug guides and diagnostic tests on mine. It is lightweight, takes up almost no room. I use it all the time.

brittone2
10-02-2009, 04:54 PM
Pandora radio.

There are apps for pretty much everything and anything anymore, LOL.

The only catch is some of it can't be accessed if you aren't near a WiFi connection.

karenj2
10-02-2009, 04:57 PM
I LOVE mine!! :love5:

I check the weather and email, keep notes & my calendar, find local farmer's markets, keep my grocery list, listen to music (both online and my iTunes music), keep tabs on my pregnancy, get on Facebook & other sites, keep my contacts, keep tab on cash spending (well, I should be), look up AAA discounts, play lexulous (like scrabble), and then one whole "page" of both free or paid for games that my nephew and niece (and I) like. :) I also use it as a backup alarm clock when I'm traveling or when the power goes out (or when DH needs to wake up REALLY early and I don't want him to set his alarm clock loud.)

kozachka
10-06-2009, 06:47 PM
and....if you have wireless (wifi) at home and Skype - it's a phone too!

How do you make it into a phone? I have downloaded Skype but was not able to use it to make phone calls since iTouch does not have a mic. I presume you've bought a mic, if so which one?

codex57
10-06-2009, 06:56 PM
How do you make it into a phone? I have downloaded Skype but was not able to use it to make phone calls since iTouch does not have a mic. I presume you've bought a mic, if so which one?

http://news.cnet.com/turning-the-ipod-touch-into-a-phone/?tag=rtcol;relnews