PDA

View Full Version : Another ? for Jools re: RF tether locations

twowhat?
10-02-2009, 11:38 AM
So since no one helped me the last time I asked a question on car-seat.org, I'm asking it here again (my hero, Jools!)

Tethering that darn RF radian in the outboard captain's chair behind the driver's seat! My 2008 Odyssey has everything encased (first with the rubber mats, then carpet, then plastic). I'd have to rip up quite a large area of plastic to get to the bar to tether the seat. Have you heard of anyone running the tether UNDERNEATH the captains chair, to the anchor point in back? Should I call Sunshine Kids to ask? To me it would seem like it would be an "intermediate" level of safe between not tethering at all vs tethering to a better location forward of the installed seat because in a crash, the tether strap would likely slide around a bit underneath the captain's chair (but would still do the job of reducing rebound).

Thanks! (Again!)

Joolsplus2
10-02-2009, 12:29 PM
That driver's side is a bugaboo, for sure!
This page might help.. http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=9902
I know Britax won't allow wrapping a tether down to the same seat (actually, they didn't ban it till people started asking if you could wrap all the way around to the anchor on the back... it used to be fine to go straight down to the front leg or support crossbeam underneath...), but I'm not sure what SK says about it (so I always just went to a spot directly on the bottom of my captain's chair, but I have an older Ody, I wonder if there's anything comparable in newer ones? get out a flashlight and kneepads and see? lol)

bubbaray
10-03-2009, 12:57 AM
AFAIK, there is no RFg tether point for the 2nd row driver's side captains chair in the new Ody. Its possible there is one in the '09, but not as far as I have heard. I have an '05 and there is definitely no RFg tether point for that position.

twowhat?
10-05-2009, 10:50 PM
AFAIK, there is no RFg tether point for the 2nd row driver's side captains chair in the new Ody. Its possible there is one in the '09, but not as far as I have heard. I have an '05 and there is definitely no RFg tether point for that position.

Are you serious? That SUCKS. Wow. So...is it OK to leave it untethered?

bubbaray
10-06-2009, 11:12 AM
Yup, totally OK to leave it untethered. :thumbsup: