PDA

View Full Version : Gift ideas for 12 yo Boy

lovebeingamom
10-02-2009, 02:15 PM
What are some really awesome gift ideas for a 12 yo boy for Christmas - preferably no gift cards? TIA!

melrose7
10-02-2009, 03:26 PM
Depending on how much you want to spend and interests
subscription to magazine; sports illustrated, espn
game for wii, gameboy, ps3
nice fleece/sweatshirt, nike, adidas, or sports team,
tickets to local game
Guinness book of world records
board games

citymama
10-02-2009, 05:22 PM
The latest Wii game would probably be a hit. ;)
I second the board game and sweatshirt/hoodie suggestion. Kids love cool looking clothing at that age - skateboarder-themed or your local sports team would probably be good!

JBaxter
10-02-2009, 05:31 PM
You would need to know what hes into if he games.. what system he has or if he prefers PC/MAC. Skateboard, baseball, soccer football music ( if he has an iPod)books electronics. Mine at that age ( and now) still prefer giftcards they save for big things I wont buy them.

hbridge
10-02-2009, 05:43 PM
Thanks for posting this since I need suggestions as well for the 10 to 14 year age group. What we've done in the past include: Rubix Cube, Beach Paddle Ball, Kites, Boomerangs, Rocket kits, and even cool sunglasses.

applebutter
10-02-2009, 06:20 PM
I have an 11 yr old and 2nd everything melrose7 said! Those are all things my DS loves to get. I like when he gets video games as gifts especially, because they don't add to the clutter of his room :)

One toy he is REALLY into right now are the Mega Blocks (like Legos) Halo sets.

frgsnlzrds
10-02-2009, 10:38 PM
My soon to be 11 yo DS likes models to put together, puzzles, science kits, and books. (And of course video games, but that's been said.)