PDA

View Full Version : chicco keyfit 30 romantic footie thing

ryanmom
10-02-2009, 03:40 PM
The Chicco Keyfit 30 in romantic seems to have a footie thing that comes with it... do the other colors come with it as well? Do people who have it like the footie thing?

I want the keyfit in romantic but we just got a 20% off coupon to BRU and they don't carry it in romantic... so I'm trying to decide if it is worth the money to buy it at magic beans (the store in my area that carries it in romantic) and use the 20% off on something else... although we really do need to get the carseat in the next month.

jjordan
10-02-2009, 04:12 PM
I'm guessing the "footie thing" is like a cold weather boot? We had one on our carseat and I liked it. Better than a blanket because it didn't fall off like a blanket would. Although, you won't use it unless it is cold outside.

What is the BRU price with your coupon? AlbeeBaby has the romantic for $164.

lorinick
10-02-2009, 04:26 PM
I never used the boot when it was cold. We had the cover that cover the car seat. So that would make the boot useless. I really like the romantic pattern alot. Not for the boot but because I really like the colors. I like the Cubes from BRU. So in the winter I don't think the boot would be enough. Just my son head was out with a hat. Boy I miss that thing.

satchnbucky
10-02-2009, 09:13 PM
I don't know about the boot - you can always call chicco and ask. We have the keyfit 30 in race and a bundleme (lite) which works great.

becca_g
10-03-2009, 09:35 AM
This is not exactly what you're asking, but I thought I would reply just in case this info is helpful when making your decision.

Before buying/registering for the Keyfit 30 in Romantic, I e-mailed Chicco about the boot since we were trying to decide whether to register for the car seat (comes with the boot) and Cortina stroller separately or for the travel system (does not come with the boot as far as I could tell).

Here's the gist of what Chicco said ...

The Keyfit30 car seat weather boot may be purchased separately for the Romantic pattern only. It's $10.00 plus $5.00 shipping and handling.

I took this to mean that this the the only KF 30 seat that comes with a boot as well, but I could be wrong.

We ended up purchasing the KF 30 in Romantic from AlbeeBaby (http://www.albeebaby.com/chicco-keyfit-30-infant-car-seat-romantic.html) for $164 (fast, free shipping) because for awhile it looked like I might deliver before my shower. Love, love, love the seat and fabric! We registered for the stroller separately.

The cubes pattern at BRU is the closest in looks to the Romantic but is a much rougher fabric.

We looked at Magic Beans as well but went with AlbeeBaby because of the price.

The seat came with the boot, but we haven't had a chance to use it since baby's not here yet.

sunshine873
10-03-2009, 10:02 AM
I have the Romantic pattern and love, love, love it! It's classy and seems to look great with just about anything my DD has on. :) I know that's not critical for a carseat, but when you spend so much time looking at it, it's nice to like the way it looks! :)

Anyway, the boot is for cold-weather and as far as I know the Romantic is the only pattern that has it. I haven't used mine yet, because my DD came home from the hospital in April and it just hasn't been cold enough for it. I might use it a little bit if we hit an early cold spell in the next month or so. I'm not sure that it would add a lot of extra warmth on it's own, but it would do a great job at holding a blanket in place. The boot combined with a non-bulky blanket would be enough for winters here in NC.

I bought mine from Smartmomma.com. It's priced $168 there right now with free shipping.