PDA

View Full Version : March or May 2010?

alien_host
10-02-2009, 04:45 PM
We are looking to book our first trip to Disney with our 4 YO DD. I'm wondering if March or May is better:

crowd-wise
weather-wise

I'd love some opinions! TIA!

Also if we book now and they come out with other perks (like free dining) are we out of luck? How does that work?

hillview
10-02-2009, 04:49 PM
We went in May and it was great weather and not too crowded.
/hillary

alien_host
10-02-2009, 05:12 PM
thanks!

I'm seeing this advice:

Best Time:

First three weeks of May. The weather is warm in May, but usually not unbearably so. Crowds and hotel prices are moderate. Avoid Memorial Day weekend, which will be crowded.

The worst times to visit Walt Disney World are:

Mid-February through mid-April (or later, depending on the date of Easter), especially holiday weekends including President's Day and Easter. Expect huge crowds, high resort prices and expensive airfares, but usually very nice weather.

I wonder about the last week in April to the first week in May. I want to avoid all "April Vacation" crowds ;)

DD's birthday is at the end of April. Would be nice to go then (although should have done it in 2009 to take advantage of the free admission, too late!).

Corie
10-12-2009, 08:23 AM
I would avoid Disney at all costs during the months of March and April.

Those are Spring Break months. I think WDW would be super crowded.

We got married in Disney in the first part of May. It wasn't too crowded
at all.

alien_host
10-12-2009, 08:51 AM
I think you are right that May would be less crowded.

I always wondered if a lot of (college) spring breakers went to WDW.

lorinick
10-12-2009, 09:31 AM
I vote May as well. We've heard it's a good month and will also be going in May this year as well.

egoldber
10-12-2009, 09:34 AM
The very first week of March is a good week. Still low crowds but warm. Early May is also a good time.