PDA

View Full Version : Questions about tethering Marathon RF

WitMom
10-02-2009, 11:06 PM
I have a couple of quick questions about tethering on a RF install for the Britax Marathon. First of all, it's not a "requirement", correct? I have DD2's Marathon installed rear facing and it's rock solid, but I do not have it tethered (see next question). This is still acceptable and safe, correct?

The reason I don't have it tethered is because I need the additional tether connector strap. We had and used it when DD1 was rear facing, but sometime between turning her front facing and now, it has gotten lost. Do I just contact Britax for another one, or is there another option to replace it? I have tried tethering without using the strap, but the hook on the Versa-tether will not fit around any of the structural parts of the seat. I have also tried using the (I think it's called) Australian tether method, but my Versa-tether isn't long enough. I'm open to any thoughts and/or suggestions! Thanks so much

KrisM
10-02-2009, 11:44 PM
I don't think it's required.

you can order a new one: http://www.britaxusa.com/buy-parts-accessories?Page=2.

WitMom
10-02-2009, 11:48 PM
Fantastic! Thanks for the help. We're heading out of town tomorrow, and I wanted to make sure my install was safe before we hit the road. I just ordered the D ring connector strap, too, so hopefully that will be here soon.