PDA

View Full Version : Today has been another sad reminder

3isthelimit
10-02-2009, 11:46 PM
Today is dd3's 3rd bday. Today is also the 3rd anniversary of my grandfather's death. Today is happy. Today is sad. I always think about him. Always. He was my papaw. He was my friend. He was so special to me. I am grown, I should be able to have mourned and gotten past the sadness. But, for the last three years, on this day, it just gets to me. I cannot even go any further, I just needed to vent.
Thanks.

elephantmeg
10-02-2009, 11:48 PM
hugs to you. I'm sorry that a special day has a sad note. Wishing you joy

WitMom
10-02-2009, 11:52 PM
It's so hard to have what should be such a happy day marked by such a sad event as well. Two years isn't that long in the overall scheme of things. Healing has to happen on its own pace, and that pace is different for every person. Don't feel like you should "be over it". It just takes time. Enjoy your son's birthday and celebrate all the good of the day, and give yourself the freedom to feel the sadness, too. Happy birthday to your son and hugs to you.

JTsMom
10-03-2009, 08:17 AM
:hug: I'm sorry.

kayte
10-03-2009, 11:40 AM
I am so sorry. It has to be hard. Please don't think there is a certain amount of time to mourn, everyone in every situation is different.

Perhaps in the future though it will mean more to you that the connection between life and death happens on this day and that you will never forget --maybe that is the point?

I am hoping peace for you , when you are ready. And wishing your DC a very happy birthday.
:hug:

heatherlynn
10-03-2009, 11:47 AM
I'm sorry. :( This must be so hard. :hug: