PDA

View Full Version : Britax Marathon or RA 50 for 2nd dc?

jyllebean
10-03-2009, 12:28 AM
We have a MA for our 2.5 yr old. Works great, like it. We need a second seat for our 7 month old and was going to just buy another MA, but started reading about the RA 50. Would you just go with the RA 50? Is there really any reason to buy another MA, especially if we already have 1 that we can hand down once our oldest is in a booster?

Thanks!

WatchingThemGrow
10-03-2009, 06:41 AM
Our oldest is staying in her MA until she outgrows it. She says it is waaaay more comfortable than the Nautilus or Radian we have. Since most kids can stay in it until the 5yo range, I'll just let her stay in it.

We like having the same seat for additional DC because we have an extra cover and changing them out for cleaning is much easier with an extra cover around. You can sometimes buy extra covers on CL, but I found one online (new) for $55. Be sure to get only real Britax ones.

Joolsplus2
10-03-2009, 08:15 AM
Unless you need built in lockoffs or the higher weight limit or are totally in love with HUGS, then no, you don't need the MA. And the price on the RA 50 is fantastic at albeebaby (169). You might even find you prefer it for your older child since it has three crotch strap positions, one further out, for bigger kids to be more comfy. I almost ordered one the other day for the center of our Escape, but found out I had another seat that works.... shucks, no new seat for me, lol.