PDA

View Full Version : New Ergos on sale

wellyes
10-03-2009, 01:35 PM
$80 plus $8.50 shipping at http://www.yellbaby.com/ergo-baby-carriers.html plus they have organics for $95 + shipping.

(got this from Slickdeals)

Since used ones go for $75+, this is a pretty good price, especially if you don't want to buy one used. Ergos rarely go on sale.

Ergos are really excellent, I've tried so many other carriers of this type (Connecta, Beco, Yamo, etc) and I sold them all. I always go back to my Ergo.

LMPC
10-03-2009, 02:16 PM
Thanks! I have been looking to purchase one all week...since I tried to put DD in the bjorn and my back said, "Um, no thank you!"

dukie41181
10-03-2009, 02:58 PM
We are using the Bjorn now and our daughter really likes it. My concern is how long it will be comfortable to use when she gets bigger. She is currently 16 lbs. and 7.5 months old. Would it make sense to pick up and Ergo to use as she gets bigger?

Thanks!

kijip
10-03-2009, 03:15 PM
We are using the Bjorn now and our daughter really likes it. My concern is how long it will be comfortable to use when she gets bigger. She is currently 16 lbs. and 7.5 months old. Would it make sense to pick up and Ergo to use as she gets bigger?

Thanks!

Yes. The Ergo works for older infants and toddlers. The Bjorn, at most, last to 20 pounds IME.

dukie41181
10-03-2009, 03:21 PM
Thanks! I will be ordering. It always make me happy to get products that hold their value too. Its like I get to use it for free if I resell when I done with it!

firsttimemama
10-03-2009, 04:38 PM
thanks for posting

mollys_mommy
10-03-2009, 04:42 PM

Thanks!

see, i'd sell the bjorn the second my ergo came -- its a world of difference, really. there is much goodness in the ergo.

dukie41181
10-04-2009, 01:49 AM
Can the baby ride facing forward/outward on the front?

wellyes
10-04-2009, 08:06 AM
No, no facing out with the Ergo in front. They advertise this as a benefit because some people believe that the Bjorn-style facing-out position is detrimental to spine/hip development. The big difference between a Bjorn and an Ergo is that in the Bjorn, the baby's weight is supported on her crotch. In the Ergo, the baby is in a kind of seated split which displaces their weight much more evenly.

Personally I believe that you'd have to wear the baby facing out very frequently for it to be an issue. I prefer the Ergo because it's so much more comfortable for ME. Plus you can back-carry in it which is so much better once the baby hits 15 lbs, and of course it has a lot longer usable life.

sewarsh
10-04-2009, 09:46 AM
LOVE my ergo!! Not even a comparison next to the Bjorn,

jenandbrandon
10-05-2009, 01:58 AM
I agree! I got an Ergo with my 2nd and absolutely LOVE it! I would HIGHLY recommend it!

Ms.MJP
10-05-2009, 07:33 PM
Thanks for posting this. I purchased one!

sharethelove
10-06-2009, 12:58 AM
Can the baby ride facing forward/outward on the front?

I was also concerned about this before I started using the Ergo, since my daughter loved facing outward in our previous carrier. It is not a problem AT ALL since in the Ergo, she sits up a little more and is able to very easily look out sideways. It's very comfortable for me and for her - the first time in the Ergo (and many times since) she fell asleep.

I think the Ergo will hold children up to 35 or 40 lbs.

designermama
10-06-2009, 05:12 PM
Thank you, thank you! I'm excited to get such a great deal! :yay:

BargainMomforLuke
10-06-2009, 10:13 PM
The Ergo is the best. I carried DS in it when he was well past 3 & over 35 lbs. He's fairly tall, too.

I use frequently with DD when she's fussy & I need to get housework done. It's great for vacations, too (I couldn't have done San Francisco without it).

I also was able to use it while pregnant up to 6 months. The Ergo rocks!

tracerx
10-14-2009, 04:39 PM
I just wanted to mention that Yellbaby.com said they are overwhelmed with orders right now. I ended up canceling my order w/them (they were very prompt processing the refund) and getting a pricematch at diapers.com which was easy to do. Plus diapers.com has free 2 day shipping. And I went through bing.com and will get a few bucks cashback from them. So overall a pretty good deal.

TXan
10-18-2009, 10:06 PM
I went and ordered the Ergo last night! Thanks for the lead!! Of course another option would have been to have diapers.com price match, but I didn't think of it at the time. I should get the Ergo in approx 3 weeks. No rush with DD hopefully won't arrive until mid- to late-Nov. :)

JamieMK
10-19-2009, 09:26 AM
Thanks to the poster who told us about the price match and buying it through bing!

I wasn't aware of bing until I read that post.

This definitely saved money.