PDA

View Full Version : Need help with arch support for feet

let73
10-03-2009, 02:39 PM
I've been experiencing lower back pain and pain in my feet. I think it may due to my shoes and need some arch support. I love to wear flats. I also have been having pains after wearing my New Balance tennis shoes(they are kind of old and probably need to be replaced).

Are there certain brands of shoes that you recommend? Should I buy insoles? Do I see a podiatrist or an orthopedist?

Momof3Labs
10-03-2009, 02:50 PM
You can get special insoles with extra arch support from a New Balance store for their shoes. They made my NB shoes feel soooo much better!

I haven't explored extra arch support in regular shoes but probably should!

ha98ed14
10-03-2009, 02:56 PM
Go to a sporting goods store or even a big pharmacy might have them and get inserts called "superfeet." Get the green ones. I have had them recommended to me by my GP and a good family friend who happens to be a podiatrist. I would try that and see if it helps. One tip, if you are on the boarder between sizes, buy the bigger size and trim the toes area if need be. You can use the current inserts as a guide. Leave the heel and arch be because that is where the support is. They work great for me.

geochick
10-03-2009, 03:25 PM
My podiatrist recommended I either order some spendy orthotics for my shoes or try an inexpensive pair of Spenco supports. I ordered some from Amazon, and love them. I think mine are 3/4 length.

I love wearing Keens, so I found a pair of Keens with a removable insert. I took the insert out and put Spenco in. When I go for a long walk, I wear them.

fauve01
10-03-2009, 03:42 PM
You can get special insoles with extra arch support from a New Balance store for their shoes. They made my NB shoes feel soooo much better!

i got some Spenco insoles at Lady Foot Locker store when I recently bought shoes. the lady helping me said they were made specially for women's feet/bodies. they make my shoes very comfortable!!

Anne

let73
10-03-2009, 10:05 PM
Thanks everyone for your help!

Mikey0709
10-05-2009, 09:12 AM
I second the SUPERFEET brand ALSO - - got them at REI. Last attempt before i spent the $400 at the podiatrist - but these are really helping. They also have a comfort guarantee if your not satisfied... but i kept them. I think i paid around $35 at REI store.
http://www.superfeet.com/