PDA

View Full Version : Quick -- what are your children wearing right now

bubbaray
10-03-2009, 06:15 PM
DH let DD#2 pick her own outfit today. She's wearing a totally stretched out Dora bathing suit (orange and pink) with winter tights over top (lilac paisley). TG the ballet studio has a uniform or she would have insisted on wearing that to ballet to.

ETA: How could I forget the added touch of pink polka dot wellies. Inside the house. Sigh.

BabyMine
10-03-2009, 06:17 PM
Your DD's outfit sounds very unique and quite cute.

DS1 is in underwear and DS2 is in his diaper. We are boring people.

kijip
10-03-2009, 06:20 PM
Jeans and a white t-shirt. Boring day.

dcmom2b3
10-03-2009, 06:27 PM
Batgirl t-shirt, Elmo rainbow panties and frog boots. Because I made the mistake of telling her yesterday that it was supposed to rain today.

As always, her blankee serves as cape, shawl, wimple, whatever accessory the moment demands.

I think they have the same stylist.

LBW
10-03-2009, 06:29 PM
My H dressed the kids today, so my 3-year old is wearing shorts and short sleeves and my 1-year old is wearing long, flannel-lined pants and a long-sleeved shirt. My 6-year old is wearing the polo shirt he had on yesterday (with his sling over it) and undies. That's it.

shawnandangel
10-03-2009, 06:32 PM
DH dressed DD today so she is wearing a long sleeved onesie with a ballerina on it with jean shorts. It's really quite a cute outfit. I was impressed. He's getting better!!!

SnuggleBuggles
10-03-2009, 06:33 PM
Ds2 (1yo)- the clothes he wore to bed last night (long sleeved onesie and a pair of sweat pants...the boy is a stripper so no real PJs for him).
Ds1 (7yo)- blue pants and a t-shirt.

Beth

elliput
10-03-2009, 06:36 PM
DD is wearing her renaissance dress which is a long light blue bodice dress over a white chemise. One of her favorite outfits recently has been her mermaid costume which is a tankini bathing suit and a mermaid tail beach cover up.

ETA- she is right now asking me for help putting on her new roller skates.

SammyeGail
10-03-2009, 06:45 PM
DH let DD#2 pick her own outfit today. She's wearing a totally stretched out Dora bathing suit (orange and pink) with winter tights over top (lilac paisley). TG the ballet studio has a uniform or she would have insisted on wearing that to ballet to.

ETA: How could I forget the added touch of pink polka dot wellies. Inside the house. Sigh.

Sounds so cute!! At least she's at home : ). My oldest sister believed in letting her daughter (she was 4 at the time) pick out her own clothes to express herself, she showed up at the hospital when another sister had a baby wearing way too small PJ pants, 2 different socks, flip-flops, and one of her mom's crazy shirts. It was Dec. and she didn't even have a coat. It was so bad it wasn't even funny!

Nothing interesting on us today, orange tee and pull-up on one DS and a new Naarjie l/s tee to test the fit and jeans on other DS.

DH does a horrible job of dressing my twins for school, one being in 3t and the other in 4t, I love when Jo comes home from school wearing what looks like a belly shirt :tongue5:.

SammyeGail
10-03-2009, 06:50 PM
Batgirl t-shirt, Elmo rainbow panties and frog boots. Because I made the mistake of telling her yesterday that it was supposed to rain today.

As always, her blankee serves as cape, shawl, wimple, whatever accessory the moment demands.

I think they have the same stylist.

:hysterical:

Maybe I should be thankful the boys wardrobe is boring, lol! J could care less and N wants to be naked all the time.

TwinFoxes
10-03-2009, 07:00 PM
S - pink pants + brown shirt with a pink ice cream cone appliqué
D - purple pants + a green shirt with a purple Popsicle.

They are both wearing pink Robeez knockoffs. Right shoe has 123 on it, the left has 456. I love them because it's hard to find girls stuff with numbers on them...math is a "boy" thing apparently. I got them from shoeszoo on Ebay which of course I found through this board!

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
10-03-2009, 07:11 PM
Brown polka dot babylegs, an orange Carter's pajama shirt, underwear, and a burnt orange Gymbo hat, and a ton of Goody ouchless hair bands in rainbow colors as "blacelts"

DietCokeLover
10-03-2009, 07:13 PM
Nothing. Nada. Zilch.

They are in the tub.

KrisM
10-03-2009, 07:30 PM
They're in bed now, but DD wore a pumpkin halloween shirt, purple pants, and an orange cape. Her shoes of choice were pink sparkly shoes.

DS is in a t-shirt and sweats.

g-mama
10-03-2009, 07:32 PM
Flannel PJs for the first time this fall!

Fairy
10-03-2009, 07:32 PM
Beige cords from The Gap, Cookie Monster T-Shirt under Oatmeal hoodie sweater from the Gap. Gap socks (cobbled together a mismatching but close pair without a hole in the toe), Nemo undies, and a nebulizer mask.

ha98ed14
10-03-2009, 07:33 PM
Cotton dress with a cupcake on the front and a size 5 pampers diaper, no cover. Ponytail and no shoes. Sitting in the booster eating cereal for dinner...

brittone2
10-03-2009, 07:53 PM
DS (5.5): Green striped Polo shirt and denim shorts...pretty decent (he dressed himself)

DD (2.75): Too big of a sundress with stretched out straps on backwards currently with tag protruding in the front out the top of her dress. She dressed herself too ;) That's actually pretty tame for her. She may have any combo of fairy wings, orange fleece pants that are part of an old chicken costume from last Halloween, green dinosaur rainboots, etc. on a given day all together. Self expression :wink2:

catsnkid
10-03-2009, 08:19 PM
DS 4 months-

Outfit one

New to us Carters longsleeve tiger onesie with matching pants. Khaki color. Got wet during bottle. Old navy socks, pulled off during last leg of trip home.

Outfit two:

New to us Carters sleeper- white with alligators and other animals

Got peed on during diaper change

Outfit three

Used Carters blue sleeper with animal embroidery. Nice and thick.

Might switch to polka dot carters fleece sleeper or a fleece sack at bed time.

vludmilla
10-03-2009, 08:27 PM
She's in bed now in a blue monkey sleeper but during the day she had on a dark pink/magenta t-shirt under a Gap corduroy jumper in a paisley pattern and striped leggings. On top of that was a LE zip up cardigan.

ETA: She had a brown sock on one foot and a pink fuzzy slipper sock on the other. She insisted on leaving the house that way.

trales
10-03-2009, 08:29 PM
1st outfit
Ballet dress with too small bathing suit over it and frog unies

2nd outfit,
striped summer dress, brown tights, sparkly shoes and backpack, with swim diaper over it. Still in frog undies.

3rd outfit,
chinese style pajamas with a bathing suit over it. Now elmo undies

She picks out her own clothes everyday. We go out like this. I don't really care. She is well behaved and good natured, if she acts up I take away her clothing choice.

Somedays her clothes are really unique.

amandabea
10-03-2009, 08:55 PM
We've had 5 wardrobe changes today. DD is very picky (and likes to be in control), so outfit #1 purple pants and a l/s matching tee "hurt" her. #2 was her ballet outfit. #3 was pjs for nap. #4 was a pink skort and a pink flower t-shirt. #5 is different pjs. She's worn her head band/scarf all day.

smiles33
10-03-2009, 10:15 PM
DD1: I let her pick out her own clothes and only insist that it's weather-appropriate and not too crazy (e.g. swimsuit to go to the grocery store). Pink Disneyland t-shirt that Grandma bought her, pink short-sleeved party dress (it looks like raw silk but is machine-washable!), pink/white/green striped leggings, and one pink sock and one pink/brown sock (she likes mismatched socks for some reason).

DD2: a yellow onesie with a ffake skirt (Carter's oufit)

randomkid
10-03-2009, 10:33 PM
Right now, DD is in bed wearing her PJs. But today, she wore a long sleeve flannel nightgown for most of the day. This is not what she wore to bed last night. It was 80* here today. I bought the flannel gown yesterday for cooler weather and for after bath time. She loves it so much that she wore it all day. Then, her Belle dress, then her navy blue long dress that looks like a princess dress (bought it on ebay for dress up - I think it was a flower girl dress), then shorts and a t-shirt to play outside. Brief periods of nothing or undies only in between all these outfits. She has also worn several pairs of dress up shoes and her ballet shoes today! Oh yeah, forgot about the gold sequined Minnie Mouse ears that she was wearing with her Belle dress :love-retry:

mommyp
10-03-2009, 11:27 PM
Well, PJs now since she's in bed, but for the day, a plain t-shirt and denim jumper dress with flowers on it, no socks. She was picking out all her long-sleeve sweatshirts/jeans this morning and it was over 80 today. So I dressed her, but she was excited once she saw what I was suggesting. Everything she usually picks was in the laundry....she'd wear her baby panda t-shirt every day if she could!

niccig
10-03-2009, 11:38 PM
Soccer uniform and he didn't play until 3pm, but he was ready at 9am. Now in bed, underpants and by the morning, nothing. He strips off in bed, and then puts pjs on when he wakes up as it's a little cooler then.

I let DS wear what he wants as he dresses himself and it's not a battle that's worth the fight for me. We went to DH's work and then to the outdoor mall nearby and DS was dressed in a dress-up racing car suit and carried the plastic helmet...

sarahsthreads
10-04-2009, 01:32 AM
The girls weren't dressed when I left for work today. When I came home, DH had bypassed the drawer full of adorable coordinated outfits and put DD2 in a black shirt that says "I love my mummy" (with a sparkly mummy on it) and jeans. No socks, hair flopped over her face. Cute in an 80s grunge band sort of way. ;)

DD1 dressed herself in an orange and white skirt with her white and blue youth soccer shirt over top. No socks on her either. And I don't think her hair was brushed.

Sigh. I'm all for a lazy Saturday, but really, hair brushing and at least a top-knot to get the hair out of the baby's face is kind of basic daily hygiene, no? DH has long hair, I know he knows how to use a ponytail holder. :p

Sarah :)

happymomma
10-04-2009, 08:54 AM
DD dresses herself everyday. She is wearing horizontal stripped tights with a long sleeve shirt. She couldn't find a skirt to wear but wanted to wear the tights. It's very flashdance.

ilfaith
10-04-2009, 10:23 AM
DS1 (5) dressed himself in greenish brown knit shorts from Gymboree with a beige, brown and green tee shirt that say "Hawaii" from an ABC store (bought last year on vacation). He is also wearing a black and tan Harley Davidson baseball cap.

DS2 (3) is still in Mickey Mouse Clubhouse pajamas from the Disney Store.

DS3 (3.5 months) is wearing a tan Gap romper with monkeys appliqued on it. I can't help but thinking the color washes him out.

deborah_r
10-04-2009, 12:19 PM
DS2 is wearing a long sleeve onesie, navy blue, a diaper, and nothing else. DS1 "dressed himself" and is wearing Shrek underwear and one soccer sock with build in shinguard. He is not currently on a soccer team or playing soccer regularly, just found the sock and put it on his right foot.

doberbrat
10-04-2009, 02:04 PM
dd is still in her pjs (yup, lazy Sun) but its adorned w/a black satin skirt, a tiara and red sparkley shoes ala dorothy.

She's been dressing her self and picking out her clothes since well before age 3. We only insist that its weather appropriate and appropriate for hte outting. no swimsuits unless going swimming etc.

melrose7
10-04-2009, 02:32 PM
Since we went to church today DD1 is in a striped multi-colored long sleeve cotton dress with lace socks and DD2 is in her second dress of the day, a pink fleece dress with a long off white shirt underneath, also with lace socks. If we hadn't gone to church both would be in pants but I can still pick out their clothes for the most part.

tnrnchick74
10-04-2009, 03:18 PM
DS went to sleep with his swim floaties on...and a diaper...

Nooknookmom
10-04-2009, 11:39 PM
A too-small pair of footed pajamas & suede boots that light up.

Usually it's a mis-matched outfit: long sleeved tee, shorts (she puts her whole body in one leg hole so that her diaper sticks out), socks pulled up to her knees and the same suede boots.

I just go with the flow, there are other mountains to climb, at least she can dress herself and enjoys doing so.

:)

HIU8
10-05-2009, 10:20 AM
DD went to school today wearing a burgandy lands end dress and pink leggings with pink socks and her metallic pink and purple sneakers. DS is wearing a blue t-shirt (long sleeve) with grey sweatpants. My kids are not very imaginative or creative when it comes to what they wear. They are very concerned with matching (so much so that DS usually likes to wear the same color pants and top and socks).

rlu
10-09-2009, 01:58 AM
It's 10:56pm so DS is wearing his flannel plaid sleep pants and a white undershirt as pjs. He pulled off his socks as being too hot. Earlier today he was wearing jeans with the knees in the white turning to a hole stage, his brown Sharks shirt and his Spiderman shoes. And Speed Racer undies with blue socks. He's very "Boothy" in his sock choices.