PDA

View Full Version : Does my 4 yo need her car seat on the plane?

emily_gracesmama
10-03-2009, 08:32 PM
I'm bringing the scenera on board for our 2 yo and I am thinking Emily (4) doesn't need her seat on the plane, is that correct? I'd be bringing her marathon, and I figured we'd gate check it, she's too tall for a scenara and I didn't want to get her a booster yet, which may be easier to bring along, but not what I want her riding in. Thanks for the help :)

mom2binsd
10-03-2009, 10:37 PM
No she doesn't technically and she can probably sit fine on the flight and be safe as long as she'll keep the belt fastened...you know her best and if you think she'll sit fine it's ok. Gate checking is a good idea, but if you're going to bring it that far you might want to just bring it on...but it will limit her use of the tray table.

I wouldn't check it as luggage though and I agree it's best to stick with her usual seat when traveling, not a good time to try out booster use for a child so young.

AshleyAnn
10-03-2009, 11:39 PM
I think at 4 using the car seat on the plane is really a parental decision but I wanted to be let you know that boosters are not FAA compliant so even if you did buy her one she can't use in on an airplane.

LexyLou
10-04-2009, 06:08 AM
We don't bring out 4 year olds carseat on the plane. She does great in the seat and stays belted when expected.

Also, if possible get 2 and 2 so that your 2 year old is behind your 4 year old. When you use the carseat it brings their legs up so that they kick the seat in front of them. Not on purpose or anything but it's tight. I always have it so that my 2 year old is kicking her sister and not a stranger.