PDA

View Full Version : PBK dolls? PBK pram?

new_mommy25
10-04-2009, 01:48 AM
I had my heart set on getting DD a Bitty Baby or Bitty Twins this Christmas, but she is enamored with the Pottery Barn catalog. She has been carrying it around for weeks and talking about the Sophie doll. So, I guess Sophie it is. Just wondering how the quality of the dolls are? It's so hard to tell from a tiny picture. She also wants the ballerina outfit, which is adorable, but IMO, overpriced ($24!). I'm hoping one of the grandparents will get that one. :)

Also, how is the quality on the pink polka dot pram? DD also wants that but I am wary. We had the Zooper doll stroller and it broke within a year. Her cheap-o umbrella doll stroller has held up way better. Of course, that may not matter now that she is older and more responsible. Any opinions?

Thanks!

Melaine
10-04-2009, 08:19 AM
I haven't seen the dolls IRL but I do think they look very sweet. I was just going to say that making little doll tutus (and child-size ones) is so easy that I would probably try to create one yourself and put the $$ towards some of the other clothes for Sophie.
I was on a search for doll prams for my girls because they loved their umbrella strollers so much. I wound up skipping it and they have STILL played with their 2 for $5 used umbrella strollers and been happy as clams. When it occurred to me that a pram would take up so much space and couldn't fold I realized the umbrella ones were superior. We have also taken the doll strollers on out of town trips and to the mall and no way could I fit two of those prams in the car with us. But that is just what I decided....

new_mommy25
10-04-2009, 01:32 PM
I haven't seen the dolls IRL but I do think they look very sweet. I was just going to say that making little doll tutus (and child-size ones) is so easy that I would probably try to create one yourself and put the $$ towards some of the other clothes for Sophie.
I was on a search for doll prams for my girls because they loved their umbrella strollers so much. I wound up skipping it and they have STILL played with their 2 for $5 used umbrella strollers and been happy as clams. When it occurred to me that a pram would take up so much space and couldn't fold I realized the umbrella ones were superior. We have also taken the doll strollers on out of town trips and to the mall and no way could I fit two of those prams in the car with us. But that is just what I decided....

ITA with you about the pram. I don't know how the heck I'm going to fit that thing in my tiny house. Unfortunately, DD has been telling everyone that Santa is bringing it to her. :duh: I'm trying to guide her towards the PBK shopping cart instead. :)

Thanks for the thought about the ballet tutu. I actually have a bunch of tulle from tutus I have made DD in the past, so it would be easy to make the doll one. Didn't even think about that! I already have some doll clothes as part of her xmas gift. I bought DD a bunch of dress-up from a Little Adventures Co-op and 3 matching doll dresses. The dresses fit dolls 15-18" so they should be fine with the PBK doll. http://www.littleadventures.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=9

Bella's Mommy
10-04-2009, 01:51 PM
I saw the dolls IRL at PBK - and they are absolutely adorable. Very soft and huggable and seem to be made well. I think they are well worth the price esp since it is so hard to find "nice" soft dolls. Definitely on the "Santa" list for this year. I didn't look closely at the PBK pram so I can't comment on theirs- I just popped for the HABA Doll Pram and it is cute as well and very well made (and smaller IRL than it looks on their web site).

ohiomom1121
10-04-2009, 03:15 PM
DD has the navy blue version of the pram and it is really well made. The kids have used it a ton and it still looks perfect. But it is big. She doesn't have any of the dolls but they are definitely cute IRL. I know the number trick was working on the dolls a little while back making them $22.99 but I just tried it and it didn't work. I would guess they'll go on sale before the holdiays though.

daniele_ut
10-05-2009, 06:29 PM
I've been looking at the Sophie doll for DD for Christmas as well and had been thinking about getting her the pink pram. I found a cute navy blue Maclaren toy umbrella stroller at TRU last week for $12.99 so I bought it and already gave it to her for her Baby Stella doll and she really loves it. I may still splurge on the pram, but for now, the umbrella stroller is well loved.