PDA

View Full Version : If you or someone in your family had/has the flu

melissaflorida
10-04-2009, 08:57 AM
Did they get the flu shot this season? I am curious as to how well the flu shot is working this season. This is the first year as any of us has gotten the shot.

BabyMine
10-04-2009, 09:34 AM
My DC have both had the flu shot vaccine. DH and I are getting it next week. None of us have had the flu this season. We are also planning on getting the H1N1 vaccine. We all get it every year and we have never had the flu. I did get it once. It was a year before I decided on getting the shot.

SnuggleBuggles
10-04-2009, 09:52 AM
Dh and ds1 got the flu shot last year and ds2 and I did not. I got the flu and no one else did.

The year before dh was the only one to get the flu shot and the only one to get the flu.

Still unsure about plans for this year. I just had the flu 5 months ago and it was type A. I'm hoping I have some natural immunity now.

Oh, with the exception of 2007 ds1 has gotten the flu shot every other year (2003-2006) and never got the flu.

Beth

daniele_ut
10-04-2009, 10:21 AM
Since 98% of the cases being reported right now are H1N1 flu, the flu shot that is currently being administered would have no effect on the flu that someone might have right now. The normal flu season has technically not even started yet.

Clarity
10-04-2009, 10:24 AM
Dh and I have never had the flu shot, and never had the flu. I'm not sure whether or not we should go ahead and get the shot because it seems unnecessary up to now. DD1 had the flu shot the last two years and did not get the flu. DD2 will not be getting any flu shots due to an egg allergy.

jerigirl
10-04-2009, 10:59 AM
Since 98% of the cases being reported right now are H1N1 flu, the flu shot that is currently being administered would have no effect on the flu that someone might have right now. The normal flu season has technically not even started yet.

:yeahthat: This is exactly what my doctor has said. The seasonal flu shot does not provide any protection against h1n1.

kijip
10-04-2009, 01:21 PM
No one has gotten their flu shots yet (H1N1 vax not available yet of course) but we did all get the flu already this year- mostly likely H1N1.

We have received flu shots each year for a long time now (my mother was immune compromised and at high risk to die from any virus or infection and we needed to get it to protect her, we were able to get it when it was in short supply through her doctor as caregivers), usually in October and none of us has ever had the flu from the shot. Or come down with the flu that season.

Ceepa
10-04-2009, 01:26 PM
We're just getting over the flu in my house. No vaccines, no plans to get them. The cases were pretty mild, lasting about a week.