PDA

View Full Version : Need help with costume

hortonk
10-04-2009, 09:40 AM
My DS is going to be an astronaut for Halloween. DH would like to be the moon, but I'm not sure how to make the costume or where to get one. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. But, please keep in mind that I don't sew and I'm not all that creative.

~Roxanne

katydid1971
10-04-2009, 11:16 AM
How about dressing DH in black and making a moon decorated sandwich board.

JTsMom
10-04-2009, 11:37 AM
I'm thinking something similar to the pp. You could use just about anything- poster board, foam board, foam, etc and paint in with glow in the dark paint. Maybe add some darker circles for craters if you're feeling fancy.

If you are feeling really ambitious, you could try to do 2 paper mache halves of a circle- one front, one back and paint them. It's really not that hard- just flour, water, newspaper, and something to mold them around. You could use a bowl, or something bigger like an exercise ball. Then you'd tie the two together and hang them over his shoulders. You can watch how-to videos on youtube.

BabyMine
10-04-2009, 12:01 PM
What about this one?

http://www.findcostume.com/pai-5509.html

Just have him wear dark blue pajamas, white gloves, and some fabric and foam for the head piece.

hortonk
10-04-2009, 09:02 PM
Thanks for the replies! I have considered making a sandwich board type cut out of the moon. My only concern is that DH will probably be carrying DS most of the time so I don't know how comfortable that would be. BabyMine, I saw that costume, but I was hoping for a more traditional full moon. Great ideas...keep them coming!

~Roxanne