PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a inexpensive convertible for FF.

skanded
10-04-2009, 10:03 AM
Here's my deal...

I need a FF convertible for my 1 yr old. He is about 24 pounds and almost 30 inches.

Obviously I want a safe seat but do not want to spend a lot as he will only ride in this seat about 5 times a year- but we need it- in case there is ever an emergency and my car isn't available.

I liked the Seneca (I think it was called- by Cosco) but child has to be 34 inchs to be FF, so that will not work.

Any ideas?

KrisM
10-04-2009, 10:08 AM
At age 1, he should really be rear-facing. It is recommended that kids rear-face as long as possible. The one year old is outdated advice and is just the minimum. It's much safer for him to rear-face for at least another year.

The Scenara is a decent seat and you can use it rear-facing for another year or 2 and then turn it forward-facing later.

AshleyAnn
10-04-2009, 04:23 PM
I agree with Kris, your child is not ready to be forward facing. The Scenara is a good option for you and makes a great backup/travel seat.

bubbaray
10-04-2009, 04:45 PM
Another vote for the Scenara to be used RFg until your child reaches the max of that seat.

tnrnchick74
10-04-2009, 09:28 PM
Rear face...keep him turned around!!!!

arivecchi
10-04-2009, 09:41 PM
Pls keep him rear facing.

http://www.car-safety.org/rearface.html

Jennifer626
10-05-2009, 12:08 AM
I aagree with the others, the Scenera is a great budget seat, it's what we have in Grandma's car. Usuaally Target/Walmart/Kmart/Sears has it for around $50 or less.

Also, please install the seat rear facing. Your little guy doesn't need to be turned around, and he's so much safer rear facing until he's 2 years old.

codex57
10-05-2009, 03:36 PM
540% safer than FF. "Safer" is pretty vague. Over 5 times safer is such a huge difference, that there better be a damn good reason why a 1 yr old is FF. At the very least, it's such a big difference that the parent should do some independent research into any of the reasons people tell them to turn their kids FF. Most of the common stuff out there is actually false.