PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have Melissa & Doug Victorian Dollhouse

jacksmomtobe
10-04-2009, 09:35 PM
Does anyone own the M&D Heirloom Victorian Dollhouse? If so do you like it? I've been thinking about picking it up for DD for Christmas. I saw this in the window of a toy store up the st for 50%off and keep checking it out from a far. The new price is around what Amazon has it for plus I know the owner some what and may able to get a better deal. I think it is the same one I saw at a Birthday party ds attended over the summer for a former classmate. At the time I thought it looked really cool. It looks like you have to buy the furniture however the pricing didn't seem outrageous. Thought I would inquire here for some feedback to help in making my decision to purchase it or not.

Thanks!

veronica
10-05-2009, 07:01 AM
I'd love a dollhouse review too! I am starting to look for DD for her birthday and have no clue where to start!

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
10-05-2009, 02:06 PM
No comment on the M&D one. But I like the Plan Toys ones, a bit more $$$$, but made with reclaimed wood, very fair labor in Thailand, and they are a socially responsible co, that has far less issues with recalls (and paint chipping) than M&D. But I am a pretty hippie mom... There was a crazy deal on an M&D dollhouse last year on Amazon for under $50. (http://www.amazon.com/Melissa-Doug-Multi-Level-Dollhouse-Family/dp/B0016MWWRU/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1254765963&sr=8-2)Search the threads and I am sure you will find it.