PDA

View Full Version : BBB/BCA Bracelets Status

Fairy
10-05-2009, 11:17 AM
I wanted to let everyone know how we're doing. We're doing great! Exceeding the original promise (original post (http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=334118&highlight=bbb+bracelet)), I've delivered almost all bracelets ordered, including those ordered after the (very loose) deadline date, and I'll be on target to deliver all orders rec'd by Friday, October 2nd by the promised date of October 12th. I'll continue to make these bracelets thru the entire Breast Cancer Awareness Month of October and write a pretty large check in November. So, if you're still interested in having a bracelet to exclusively identify you as a BBB member (or someone they bought one for!), I'm committed to making them thru the month. Here are some awesome statistics on this endeavor:

Currently raised more than $700 for breast cancer awareness and research as of today.
Received 60 orders for bracelets
Have made 72 bracelets
18 more bracelets to go
Have used enough stringing material to get me from the 50 yard line well into field goal range

So, what happens after BCA month is over? Will you still make the bracelets? The truth is that I don't know. The way I see it is most people have seen that thread by now. Of those, most people who wanted one right away got one, and the ones who wanted to hear a real life review from someone via private communications and liked what they heard have also gotten them. There was a mad rush in the first two weeks where I thought, oh my god what have I done?, but then it ebbed and flowed as the first ones were delivered and more orders came in. I do still receive an order every couple days, so there is still interest, but again, I'm just me, here. So, let me think on this, and I'll produce a final update when we're all said and done with BCA month.

As always, send all questions to [email protected] or reply in this thread. Thank you so much to all who have participated! I can't wait to hear the first story where someone has been spotted!

-- Fairy