PDA

View Full Version : Favorite general toddler parenting/ discipline books?

meadow123
10-05-2009, 12:03 PM
I have a 16 mo. old DD. She is a wonderful child so far, but she is just starting to test limits, very normal stuff. I am thinking about trying to get some kind of plan in place so we can parent consistently with good follow through. We also had a terrible experience yesterday with the children of some friends- due to extreme overpermissiveness and for whatever other reasons, they are terribly behaved. We are thinking we want to do the best we can to avoid that. We also have a baby on the way in March and anticipate an adjustment with that. I am a librarian, so of course my first instinct is to seek book recommendations. :) TIA for any information anyone can offer.

brittone2
10-05-2009, 12:27 PM
I mentioned some of my personal favorites in this thread:

http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=312021&highlight=discipline+books

eta: I don't think I mentioned it in that thread, but I also like Parent Effectiveness Training (P.E.T) and P.E.T. in Action, both by Gordon. Oldies but goodies IMO.

Back to say..whoops! sorry...I missed mention of P.E.T. the first time I read through that thread. Sorry to repeat that recommendation.