PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts on the Evenflo Tribute V

ckelly
10-05-2009, 12:36 PM
So I purchased this seat for a total of 20 hours flying in two weeks and though we've yet to use it on a plane we have been using it in our car so I wanted to give it a little review. I am REALLY impressed with this seat. The install was easy (first time I have ever had to not use a pool noodle in my carolla to achieve correct angle). Very easy to change latch path straps from forward facing to rear facing. The thing I like about it the most is that I can rear face it in the Carolla and be able to have my front passenger seat all the way back. Other seats I've had I've had to pull it forward about half way. I also like how deep it is. I feel like dd is sitting IN the seat and not just on top of the seat (if that makes sense...) ANother great "travel feature" is that there are little hooks to clip the "latch" straps to for storage or in case the car you're using doesn't have the latch system, that way they're not just "hanging around".

It's not the best on height so if you have a really tall kid it may not be for you. But if you're looking for something small and user friendly then this seat is great. Added bonus, only paid $52.99at Kmart for it - not bad.

PS: Just FYI, I am not a certified car seat tech or any kind of expert. I am just your typical mom trying to do the best she can for her kid. There are other experts here who know WAAAAY more than I do and I'd love to hear any thoughts they might want to add. :love-retry:

AnnieW625
10-05-2009, 03:01 PM
We had a Triumph 5 so not the seat in question, but we were super happy with that seat too. We have an 01 Corolla and DH is tall and needed the seat all the way back. It was the only quality seat for under $150 that we found would fit RFing in the center back of the car with both front seats all the way back!

Joolsplus2
10-06-2009, 08:15 AM
The only thing remotely similar between the Triumph and the Tribute is that their names start with a T, though ;)

I think it's great my no-noodle-needed theory was right...that flip foot is a pretty cool little thing, Cosco could learn something from Evenflo, there :thumbsup: And I'm glad to hear it's deep, it really looks like there's a lot of RF leg room, too.
Yeah, overall for a super super inexpensive seat (it's a very popular model to give free to people on government assistance due to fitting newborns and toddlers and being so cheap), I'm glad it's a good choice.
Thanks for the review!!!! :cheerleader1:

AnnieW625
10-06-2009, 12:31 PM
The only thing remotely similar between the Triumph and the Tribute is that their names start with a T, though ;)

Oh yes, but it's great to see another mom showing some Evenflo love:) I still believe that Evenflo is highly underrated when it comes to convertable seats!