PDA

View Full Version : Confessions

Fairy
10-05-2009, 12:55 PM
I just raided the humongous bag of candy from Costco intended for Halloween trick-or-treaters. There will be plenty left. But about midnight I *had* to have a twizzlers, and just about 10 minutes, I had to have anohter one. And a laffy taffy. and another twizzlers. They're just small! It's not like there's none left! Tastes don't count! Right?

elektra
10-05-2009, 12:59 PM
Is this just food confessions or other stuff?
Food: I may as well just liquify several boxes of Joe Joe's and send them into my body intravenously. I just have to have those every. single. night.

Other stuff: I let DD watch TV for several hours yesterday. DH was away on a fun trip (after being at a bachelor party last weekend too) and so I took a little break from trying to be a great parent, and just turned that TV on.

BabyMine
10-05-2009, 01:17 PM
Hil, they are the small ones so they don't count.:D

I bought a Halloween bag of Blow-Pops and have been sucking on them all day. I had a craving for them on Saturday for some reason.

lchang25000
10-05-2009, 01:20 PM
I've invaded the bag of candy I bought from Costco too, except mine are of the chocolate variety. :D

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
10-05-2009, 01:22 PM
Exactly why we don't buy candy til a few days before Halloween. DH would eat most though....

elliput
10-05-2009, 01:26 PM
Exactly why we don't buy candy til a few days before Halloween. DH would eat most though....

:yeahthat: We lack self control when it comes to Halloween candy...

mommylamb
10-05-2009, 01:29 PM
I hate peanut butter, so I always buy Reese's for Halloween.

Confession: I haven't been to the gym in about 3 weeks.

Fairy
10-05-2009, 02:00 PM
I hate peanut butter, so I always buy Reese's for Halloween.

Wait, I also resemble the latter remark.

rlu
10-05-2009, 04:07 PM

Except I'm the one that hits the bags early.

arivecchi
10-05-2009, 04:39 PM
I saw those candy bags at Costco the other day and did not get one because I knew it would be gone by Halloween. :hysterical:

clc053103
10-05-2009, 04:41 PM
I just sent a note to DH requesting he pick up take out rather than me cook chicken. For no apparent reason- unless shear laziness qualifies as a reason.

melrose7
10-05-2009, 04:46 PM
DD had doughnuts on her pjs the other day and has only had a doughnut once before we I said we could get them after church yesterday. She would have forgotten but it was me who really wanted the doughnuts. So instead of just getting one for each of us I had to get a whole dozen and so far the kids have shared 2, I've eaten the rest and there is only 2 left. I am telling myself I am only letting myself do this because I am pregnant and haven't gained any weight yet.
I do know as soon as I buy the Halloween candy it will be opened so I am trying to put that off as long as possible.

elektra
10-05-2009, 04:51 PM
I love my chocolate, but for some reason I can usually manage Halloween ok. It's like the huge stack of candy just grosses me out and I get overwhelmed and don't really want that much.
If I see like 5 pieces out though, I will eat all 5. So go figure.

ilfaith
10-05-2009, 04:52 PM
I suggested getting candy last weekend at Costco, but my husband said that if we did, come Halloween the only ones left would be the Mounds and Almond Joy (I'm not a coconut fan).

Twoboos
10-05-2009, 04:54 PM

Ummm, yah. Me too.

Also, Elektra if you find that formula for IV Joe Joes, please post asap. It will save me loads of time going back to the box and getting more and more. And more.

Octobermommy
10-05-2009, 05:13 PM
I have gestational diabetes so I can't really have too much candy but I can half the top half of a snickers. But dh bought 4 a couple of days ago and they are all gone. Well the bottom half of one is left if that counts. I am thinking 1 or 2 a day is not on the eating plan.

LarsMal
10-05-2009, 05:28 PM
DH bought the kids a bag of Halloween Oreos the other day (you know, the disgusting fake orange colored crap). I think they've each had two or three, yet the entire thing is almost gone...and DH doesn't eat Oreos. I am convinced they are laced with crack!!

Other: I just needed five minutes to get dinner in the oven the other night. Baby C was very fussy, so I sat her in front of the "big colored box". Yes, I used TV as a babysitter for my 5-month old. :bag

Fairy
10-05-2009, 06:16 PM
DH bought the kids a bag of Halloween Oreos the other day (you know, the disgusting fake orange colored crap). I think they've each had two or three, yet the entire thing is almost gone...and DH doesn't eat Oreos. I am convinced they are laced with crack!!

Other: I just needed five minutes to get dinner in the oven the other night. Baby C was very fussy, so I sat her in front of the "big colored box". Yes, I used TV as a babysitter for my 5-month old. :bag

It's so funny how my opinion of this has changed as I've found myself in my own conundrums. I've gone from TV BAD to TV GENERALLY BAD to TV BAD FOR BABIES to TV BAD FOR BABIES OF A CERTAIN AGE to TV is um ... to still think tv bad for babies but dude ya gotta do what ya gotta do, I only have two hands and sometimes I've gotta pee, and I'm tryin', here, so get off me, man!

:grouphug:

trentsmom
10-05-2009, 07:13 PM
I am not breaking the seal on the Halloween candy until that day. At least that's my plan. We're giving out whole candy bars (used the Costco coupon), so I can't have just a little taste! Some years I buy only Hershey bars since I hate milk chocolate.

As far as sitting the baby in front of the TV, yeah, I do that.