PDA

View Full Version : s/o Pls recommend a CrockPot

maydaymommy
10-05-2009, 02:47 PM
I was inspired by the thread with crock pot recipes. My lid broke last winter, so I finally got online to find out how to get a replacement. Long story short, no parts available for my model. (Yikes! Was my wedding shower really *that* long ago??)

So, now I'm in the market for a new crockpot! Would love to know if it matters or not what kind I get, if there have been any must-have innovations to crockpot technology over the last 10 years. Any great coupons or deals I should be looking for? I've always been tempted by those big ones that come with a bonus cute little mini crockpot.

Thanks!

hannah
10-05-2009, 03:05 PM
I have the cuisinart brand and I have both the 4 qt one and 6 or 6.5 qt one. They have removable inserts which makes them easy to clean. Both have a timer so you can set the crockpot to cook for say 8 hours. Then it will automatically switch to the warm cycle and keep your food warm til you want to eat it. There are several threads in the cooking section about crock pots. I picked the cuisinart brand because they claim not to have lead in the crock insert. So far I have not had any problems with them. Be warned that the 6 qt one is huge. I realized this after we bought it which is why I ended up with a 4 qt one as well.

newg
10-05-2009, 04:24 PM
I would just look for one that has a removable/dishwasher safe insert.....makes clean-up so much easier!! And check the size...........not sure what size mine is....but I love it......big enough for a huge pot of chili, but not so huge that it's overwhelming to store and clean......
Mine has a warm/low/high setting which I like.......I'm sure there are fancier ones out there now....mine is almost 7yrs old now!!