PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Moms - where are you getting boots for the kids?

Piglet
10-05-2009, 06:15 PM
We are in need of 2-3 pairs of boots this year... somehow in the move from here to Texas and back we lost DS2's boots and DD needs a spare pair for daycare, so I need 2 pairs, minimum. DS1 is claiming his are feeling a bit tight too. The prices are SO steep! $60 seems to be pretty normal. I usually buy at the end of the season for the next year, but am at a loss this time.

Have you seen any good sales? Are there any boots worth the $60? DD hates boots of any kind, so this might be interesting...

chinook
10-05-2009, 07:55 PM
www.sierratradingpost.com

That is the greatest website! Unbelievable prices on kids' winter boots and outerwear too (great prices on shoes for mom too hehe).

Also, they ship everything as "merchandise" so I've only ever had to pay UPS the GST, never had to pay any duty.

Let me know if you see something you like, they send me "extra 25% off" emails all of the time and I could forward one to you.

gigoteuse
10-05-2009, 09:03 PM
Have you tried Winners? I bought a pair for DD (4.5 years old) 2 weeks ago for $35.
I have also bought a pair of Kamik from Sears (their website) last year or the year before, I can't remember, they were 50% off about this time of year. We are in Southern Ontario and they seemed to do the job!
Good luck!

EllasMum
10-05-2009, 09:10 PM
Wal-mart for $18. :bag

OK, OK I know - it's Wal-mart. But I got DD a great pair there - 3 velcro straps, they are also very high, which I like - less chance for snow to find its way in! They are cute - pink and purple with princesses or fairies or some such girly thing. The tag said they are good to -35. They seem to be pretty good quality, and they're kinda cute. DD loves them.

bubbaray
10-06-2009, 11:10 AM
In the past, we've gotten boots at Zellers of all placed. That's pretty much the only thing I ever buy there (I hate Zellers).

Not sure if they would be warm enough for Calgary, but they're definitely warm enough for apres-skiing in places like Whistler and also for when we actually get snow here on the Coast. They look like Sorel knock-offs, but in pink and purple, etc. IIRC, they have boys colors too. I think they are around $20. I have checked out the ones at Walmart and for some reason liked the Zellers ones better. Can't remember why, though.

Piglet
10-12-2009, 10:19 PM
UPDATE - I ended up going to a few stores and had the most luck at Winners. I bought DD some adorable (and WARM) Emus (like Uggs) for $35! I found the selection for DS2 was lousy so I went to Wal-mart and found some boots for $28 (not as cheap as I would have hoped but nice boots). Of course as soon as I came home I discovered the pair that went missing in the garage and they fit great, so the boots are going back to Wal-mart... so bottom line is that I was able to find warm winter boots for $30 on average, much better than the $60 I kept seeing online for Sorels!