PDA

View Full Version : PnP Buying Advice

ExcitedMamma
10-05-2009, 06:32 PM
I bought a traditional crib for the nursery but I want a Graco PnP next to the bed for the first few months. Any opinions/experience with the newborn napper? I'm not sure if this will be great or a waste because it will be outgrown so fast. Its about $40 more than the stripped down $100 model with the bassinet feature that I would otherwise buy. Also are all PnP's with the bassinet feature the same? I know I don't need the fancy high end models so I'm just looking at the basic ones but I am wondering if there's any big differences in qualites in the model or in the ones offered in different stores. I don't like the styles at my BRU so I think I would go with one from Target but since each store seems to have its own models I'm wondering if there's any difference in quality, like how the Target Dutalier glider is a lower end version of the one sold at BRU. Thank you!

TwinMama7
10-06-2009, 12:04 PM
Hi, I have owned both a basic PnP and one with the newborn napper. In my opinion, I think you could get by with a basic one if you needed to. I had one for my son and we never used the bassinet feature anyway. We just used the main part for him to sleep in when we traveled. He used a bassinet for the first 3 months and then he slept in his crib. I would have used the PnP at first, but someone gave me a bassinet to use.

This time around we purchased one with the newborn napper and changing table. It will definitely get more use, because we will be keeping it next to our bed, since now our bedroom is on the main floor and the kids' bedrooms are upstairs. We bought it for $115 at Target on sale with free shipping. It is the Graco Lowery style. It is normally $150 at our Target. We figured that $15-20 more than the basic style would be worth it. If you keep your eye out for sales you could get a nice one for just a little bit more. I would look online at Walmart. They seem to have cheaper prices and they also have free shipping.

Hope this helps! :)

Vintheland
10-10-2009, 10:42 PM
I had the napper version and I liked it. I felt like we got our money worth because we used it for the first 1-2 months. It was where she did most of her sleeping. We put it right along my side of the bed. I like it because she was an arms reach away. The changing area was nice too. And then when she outgrew the napper part, she slept inside, but we kept the 'mattress' on the higher setting. And now that she is standing, the changing part is off and the napper part is off, and its used as a playpen. Oh and i also liked the vibrating feature on the napper.

So as much as i like to save $, I would have to say that the PNP with the napper is worth the extra cost.