PDA

View Full Version : Twin Carrier?

suddenlyseeingtwo
10-05-2009, 06:47 PM
Has anyone had any luck with twin carriers? I feel like they look rather intense... but can probably be very useful. Does it really make sense to invest in one? If so, any suggestions? I'm not opposed to wraps or such things...but I would need a good reference. Or, should we just get two Bjorns and deal with my husband and I each wearing one?

Thanks!

longamkl
10-05-2009, 07:08 PM
I feel that the period of time that you can realistically carry both babies is relatively short so that these carriers didn't make much sense for us. The Baby Bjorns though, were invaluable. My husband and I each wore a baby and it was the only reason that we were able to get some things done around the house or even eat dinner most nights. (yes, we spilled some food on the babies). Most nights, we were standing at our bar, bouncing the babies and trying to get some food in our mouths for a change. I wouldn't pay much for a Bjorn though - my babies outgrew those relatively quickly too and they became very uncomfortable. They are readily available at consignment shops - $10 - $12 apiece.

twowhat?
10-05-2009, 09:28 PM
I feel that the period of time that you can realistically carry both babies is relatively short so that these carriers didn't make much sense for us. The Baby Bjorns though, were invaluable. My husband and I each wore a baby and it was the only reason that we were able to get some things done around the house or even eat dinner most nights. (yes, we spilled some food on the babies). Most nights, we were standing at our bar, bouncing the babies and trying to get some food in our mouths for a change. I wouldn't pay much for a Bjorn though - my babies outgrew those relatively quickly too and they became very uncomfortable. They are readily available at consignment shops - $10 - $12 apiece.

:yeahthat: except we used the Sleepywrap (www.sleepywrap.com). It is a stretchy knit wrap, and does have a learning curve but my husband could do it. It was VERY comfortable on the back, distributing weight very evenly without pressure points. There are several ways to carry baby, and the great thing is that it's machine-washable (it's a cotton/lycra blend) which was nice because we also spilled food on our babies, and the babies spit up on the wraps. A wrap definitely isn't for everyone though, but we loved them and the babies LOVED them.

caheinz
10-06-2009, 01:14 AM
I really liked having a Moby at the beginning. It took me a bit to learn how to use it, but then it was invaluable for carrying both at once.

I've wanted, but not yet gotten, a Beco Butterfly for back carrying of one. (I'd then use my Catbird Baby mei tei on the front for the other.)

BeachBum
10-06-2009, 09:41 AM
I used a Moby wrap for carrying both when they were really small. I already had one though.They outgrew it so quickly, I wouldn't buy one just for that.

Now my boys are 8 months. DH and I regularly divide and conquer! He wears one in an Ergo and I wear the other in a Mei Tai. We couldn't live without our carriers!

bodey
11-29-2009, 03:49 PM
Was it the moby or the moby D wrap? I have read that the moby D is better for carrying two babies.

twowhat?
11-29-2009, 04:55 PM
FWIW, I tried carrying 2 babies in a sort-of-upright cradle position in my Sleepywrap (which is essentially the same as a Moby). It works. But you can't do ANYTHING carrying two babies - there is too much bulk in front. So I never tried to carry both again, ever:) However, having the Sleepywrap WAS nice for doctors appts, etc where I could pop in the fussier twin, and if the un-carried baby got fussy, I could still pick her up and hold them both (one in the wrap, the other in my arms) to walk around and soothe. I did this many many times. I got many many sympathetic looks.

gatorsmom
12-08-2009, 12:19 AM
I bought the Moby because I was told it could carry 2 babies. But that turned out to be pretty uncomfortable for me and I was only able to do that a few times. However, I continued to use the Moby Wrap for quite a while and just loved it even for one baby.