PDA

View Full Version : Should I get another BV or move DS to a Frontier?

mmsmom
10-05-2009, 08:07 PM
DD is 7 months and will be in her Britax Companion for probably another few months. But I'd like to take advantage of the Britax sales going on right now. I can either order another BV for her or put her in DS's BV which has another 4 years before expiring and get a Frontier for DS. DS is almost 3, tall & skinny (28 pounds and about 38"). He is FF now. Or should I consider something else besides a Britax? I have an '09 Pilot & the BV installs great with LATCH.

GraceH
10-05-2009, 08:31 PM
If you're sticking with Britax, I would get the Frontier and pass the BV down.

arivecchi
10-05-2009, 08:40 PM
If you want to turn him around, you could get a new Radian XT SL with a 45 pound rear facing weight limit. I am getting one for my 2 year 10 month old son. He is 40 inches tall and weighs 35 pounds. He is in a Frontier right now.

jjordan
10-06-2009, 09:43 AM
I agree with both the pp's. :) If you're sure you're going to leave DS FF, then I'd get the Frontier and pass the BV down to the baby. If you are considering turning DS back around to RF, then get a Radian for DS and put the baby in the BV.

AnnieW625
10-06-2009, 12:29 PM
We've been very happy with our Frontiers. DD was around 30lbs and 38" when we got her the first Frontier back in January.

I also have a sneaking suspicion that Britax is going to have rolling sales on their seats through a variety of vendors through out the year. I was in a car accident last week and had to replace our Marathon with a Frontier and even though it was only a month or two after the last previous online sale I still was able to get a Frontier for $206 after a special coupon and Diapers.com discount.

mmsmom
10-06-2009, 02:53 PM
Thanks everyone for the help. I ordered a Frontier from Elitecarseats for $229 and 4% cash back through Mr. Rebates