PDA

View Full Version : Beware of Fleurville seconds bags

Radosti
10-05-2009, 10:31 PM
So, I got my order from Fleurville. Are you kidding me??? The mothership and the computer bag are fine. There is minor stuff that I'd identify as "seconds", but not a deal breaker.

The Lexie Tote is trashed. It belongs in the garbage rather than charge someone $59 for that POS!!! I am telling you, if I didn't already get the CC to refund me the money for it due to a bad CS issue I had with them, I'd be on the phone right now. I tried calling them, but their phones go to a division of JJ Cole... on Mountain time, which is bull since they are in CA. Whatever.

The straps are silver. The silver foil on one strap is shredded all the way up and down, peeling so badly the bag looks like it was used for ages and then returned. There is a giant note taped all over it that says <--BAD STRAP -->

The bag itself is so badly scuffed that it adds to the trashed look. There is nothing inside the bag. No changing pad, no wipes case, no clips...

The bags were thrown into the box without anything, not even a bag to protect them. The box was completely crushed.

I am so never ordering from them again!!!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/radosti/fleurvilledamage146.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/radosti/fleurvilledamage147.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/radosti/fleurvilledamage150.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/radosti/fleurvilledamage148.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/radosti/fleurvilledamage152.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/radosti/fleurvilledamage153.jpg

MamaKath
10-05-2009, 10:58 PM
I'd be so upset! I know the say that the sale is final for seconds, but that looks used, not like seconds. :( I hope they make it right!

BayAreaMom
10-06-2009, 10:50 AM
That bag looks awful. I have ordered two seconds bags and they looked like new- couldn't find a thing wrong with them. They even came with their tags and all parts. But, I knew it could have been much worse. Your case is awful! So sorry!

Melaine
10-06-2009, 10:57 AM
Oh good grief. Seconds and second-hand are not the same. That looks awful. I have not been impressed with Fleurville personally, but that is ridiculous.

bubbaray
10-06-2009, 11:07 AM
Weird. I ordered a seconds bag from them and it looked like first quality to me.

Radosti
10-06-2009, 12:32 PM
Well, that explains a lot. The reason they were so obnoxious on the phone is because they were being bought out by JJ Cole. And that's why I got the bottom of the barrell. There really was no consequence for them to send me complete crap and treat me like dirt on the bottom of their shoes. They were only going to be in business a few more days.

JJ Cole is not responsible for purchases made from the old Fleurville. Just the new ones made since the buy out. Fleurville can only be reached by email and they could care less about making things right.

bubbaray
10-06-2009, 12:33 PM
I'm so sorry. THat just sucks.

Cheburashka
10-06-2009, 03:03 PM
That's terrible! It almost looks like someone who worked there upgraded their old bag using your seconds. And it sounds like you already talked to the new company about your problem? One would assume that the new company would try to take care of old company customers in order to turn them in to new company customers, but you know what they say about what happens when you assume....

Radosti
10-06-2009, 04:50 PM
This was the reply from Fleurville:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thx for your email and images. Our seconds are seconds for a variety of reasons. Further, all seconds sales are final and non-refundable. This is clearly stated on the website. I am sorry your order was different fom what you expected. This a risk when buying 2nds.

We consider this case closed.

THX

Customer Service

Called JJ Cole back to see if they would be able to help. Their manager told me to show her on the Fleurville site where it states that they will not send you a used bag. Basically, according to her, "seconds" does include "second hand" ... and bye bye, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

vahnessuh
10-07-2009, 03:39 AM
That is just awful customer service. Didn't the website indicate that they're rejects with minor flaws? It clearly doesn't say anything about returns.

"Seconds are bags that have been rejected through our rigorous Quality Control process. Flaws may include but are not limited to: fabric flaws, stains, cloudy plastic, lamination issues, stitching errors, and hardware issues."

I'm annoyed with the letter they sent you though... it was rude and I hate that whoever wrote that didn't have the courtesy to properly spell out "thanks", much less write "thank you." And to say, "we consider this case closed" is such a slap on the face!

Radosti
10-07-2009, 10:21 PM
I called JJ Cole again and was trying to make a point out that the bag was clearly used since it arrived with no accessories and was clearly meant for the trash, rather than to fill an order. I told the manager that the old Fleurville owners were not responding. She said that she'd try to get them to respond. By the time I got home, I had a UPS shipping notice from Fleurville that something is arriving on the 14th. No notification on what is actually in the box. I am pretty sure they are sending me the missing accessories (which I didn't want since the bag is used and should be trashed).

bubbaray
10-07-2009, 10:23 PM
I really hope they do the right thing and send you a new bag. That just sucks!

Radosti
10-08-2009, 04:57 PM
I'm not holding my breath... Oy, what a mess.

MamaKath
10-08-2009, 10:32 PM
Thx for your email and images. Our seconds are seconds for a variety of reasons. Further, all seconds sales are final and non-refundable. This is clearly stated on the website. I am sorry your order was different fom what you expected. This a risk when buying 2nds.

We consider this case closed.

THX

Customer Service

What a horrid response!!! Shame of Fleurville and shame on JJ Cole!!! I hope they had the decency to make this right. I am definitely going to be watching this thread. I hope other consumers do also! Good cs is imperative for a company in this economy!!!

Radosti
10-09-2009, 12:12 PM
Just logged into work email and this is what I had in there from Wednesday. Ummm... I don't even know how to reply. I don't understand about the seconds issue, since it's second hand. Nor did I want a modpod... oy. Can you say "lack of listening and communication". I wanted a lexie tote I could use!!!:

Rada,

Thanks for understanding about the 2nds issue. We are happily sending you the components (all new 1st quality) along with a free ModPod Changing Kit in an Ogo print ($48/ MSRP)!!!

Have a great Day!!!

THX

Customer Service

aajamu
10-10-2009, 02:31 PM
All I can say is maybe try selling the components and modpod on ebay and use the money to get a different diaper bag altogether, and donate the other diaper bag to Goodwill. Or walk around with duct tape on your Lexie Tote and a t-shirt that says "Ask Me About Fleurville Seconds" (just kidding....).

Sorry they screwed you over. Ugh!!!!

AnnieW625
10-11-2009, 04:20 PM
Well I won't be buying from them for #2. So sorry you had to go through all of that. I had heard sketchy things about their quality anyway.

aajamu
10-13-2009, 03:34 PM
Well I won't be buying from them for #2. So sorry you had to go through all of that. I had heard sketchy things about their quality anyway.

Well, I've had lots of FV bags and they were all pretty high quality (except the seconds bag I bought with the nasty Green LAM clouding, ugh). My sling tote is indestructable and I've dumped milk all over the inside - just took a garden hose to it and it still looks new. So I do think that overall FV bags are really nice (the first quality ones anyhow). Some of the first versions of the Lexie Totes had handles that wore down quickly, but they remedied that issue.

It is unfortunate that their customer service has received average-to-poor marks. Who knows what was going on internally at that company; they used to have great service, but something must have fallen apart somewhere down the line.

zukeypur
10-15-2009, 06:00 PM
Thanks for the heads up.